*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364569-Writers-Digest-Contest-Entry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing.Com · #999061
My submissions for publication, and my thoughts and work toward self-publishing.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#364569 added August 7, 2005 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Writer's Digest Contest Entry
I selected a chapter from my working novel, "A Cultural Crevice," and set to editing it so that it was a story that mdae sense by itself. The process took about two weeks, but I thought, in plannin, that it would take me two days. Luckily I had two weeks. I sumbitted the manuscript in the US mail one day before the deadline.

I received by postard back, saying that the manuscript had been received. They woin't announce their winners until October 17. Need to keep my fingers crossed, and say lots of prayers. They acknowledge the topp 100 in each category. I also submitted a short poem, and with the passage of time, I've forgotten which one it was! Better to write sooner than later. First lesson learned.

 
IMAGE
Sunflower in Orange  (E)
sunflower is gathering others. . . would you send me one please?
#932769 by a Sunflower in Texas
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364569-Writers-Digest-Contest-Entry