*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364606-A-Reason-to-Procrastinate
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#364606 added August 8, 2005 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
A Reason to Procrastinate
Well, when I caught up with myself,for "Tigger" caught up with me, I decided to commit and go back and fill out the forms to oficially be a member of the "Going Pro" group.''I was only three surveys of personal info behind, but I need to catch up on the chat in a couple of forums. That's not the problem.

Going Pro is not in the process about self-publication. I know there's another group that is, so I may be surfing about later.

But the problem is that the moderator told me that companies don't want to publish you if you've been self-published. I didn't know that. I thought the opposite would be true.

Now, what shall I do? I guess I can do both, because now, my mom has finally gotten into the mental swing of me having a book published.

She can be occasionally cute. "Dedicate it to me and your step-father." She made me laugh, and let out the big secret that's what I was planning--well, not the step-father part, but that's cool. It's just that he's deceased. She wants me to include the eulogy I wrote for his funeral.

If self-publishing is a one shot deal (and I don't know that it has to be), it'w worth the price of admission to be able to share this with Mom. She's finally caught my excitement.

I'm making no headway with the illustrations on "Colouring Outside the Lines." I can see that the material is all over the place. I'm a rough and tough editor, on myself.

This isn't some decision I have to make before I go to sleep. The new Writer's Digest Magazine has an article about Independent Press, and why it's a good idea. Not a snap decision, but something to decide within the month.

I'm off to read my new Tin House Magazine. G'night.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364606-A-Reason-to-Procrastinate