*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364841-Emotional--Prompt-7
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing.Com · #999459
Ultimate Writing Worshop Exercises for "Believable Fiction"
#364841 added August 10, 2005 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Emotional: Prompt 7
Dear Christopher,

I'm sad that you haven't written to me since you moved to south Texas.  We were such good friends for so many years, I am personally hurt that you've gone off and left me like I was before, with few friends and companions to keep me company.  Most of your friends don't come to visit me anymore, since Daniel's boxes have moved on.

I know you don't like to write letters.  But it's not like I'm asking you to send money.  Friends want to keep up with each other, because they care about each other.  I feel like you don't care about me anymore.

I know things got kind of tough at the end of your time staying with me.  You knew I would ask you to leave as soon as you let me down.  I was counting on you to take me to the doctor, that morning you went off with your girlfriend, and you knew it.  For my own self-respect, I had to ask you to leave.  You KNEW I would, and you went of with her anyhow.

You've been put out of so many of your friends homes', it seems like you plan it, more than you see it coming.

I'm glad you're staying with your dad now.  He can help you better than your mother at this time of your life.  Daniel told me you got a job in a company that makes corrugated boxes.  Congratulations on you great job accomplishment!  I knew you'd finally find something.

I really wish you would write me a letter, and tell me how you are.  I lost your dad's address, and I DON"T want to ask you Mom for it, 'cause I don’t think she likes me much.

But you owe me my friend.  Specifically you owe me a Chinese dinner that you promised.  But what I want
most of all is a letter that just says thanks for helping you during all those bad months, when you used to come over and spill your guts about the world.  I miss that.

Maybe, someday, you'll send me a text message, just to say hi.  Maybe you never think about me anymore.  But if you do, please consider our friendship on ongoing thing, and write me a letter, cause you can do it if you work at it.  I worked to get you help when you had no place to live.  Please write me, and tell me how you’re living these days.  I still want to be your friend.


A sig initiated for me by a great lady, and Texas Ranger fan.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364841-Emotional--Prompt-7