*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364883-T-minus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#364883 added August 9, 2005 at 8:27am
Restrictions: None
T-minus
There's about another twenty minutes of my shift left to ride out. I'd love to be up in Editorial to see if anyone's in to update the Shuttle landing coverage. The site's been moved to Edwards Air Force Base. I'm wondering if anyone's even upstairs to witness the change in flight plan. I applaud the paper for having front page stories at least twice during the two-week mission of Discovery and her crew. I was in my first month at the paper when Columbia disintegrated. Eventhough I wasn't in any area of the paper that handled the tragic story, I could feel the hard work that went into that edition which was laden with the coverage.

This nervous excitement I get buzzing in me when there's newsworthy items waiting to be uncovered and written about and diseminated to the public at large, it's distracting. It may be a good thing that I still work in a fairly solitary area, monitoring the quality of our advertisement production - 'cause I just may be too crazy for the day shift. Actually, I won't know if I'm too crazy for them if I don't run up there and meet any them. So that's going to be all for today, friends.

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364883-T-minus