*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365058-I-Am-Aqueous---Chapter-6
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #999215
A small boy is transformed into a liquid-based creature and he quests for the answers.
#365058 added August 9, 2005 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
I Am Aqueous - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After asking someone what time it was, afterwards feeling proud of myself still, I learned that it was 11 o’clock. I eventually got bored of standing around like a god and sadly I got used to talking and it wasn’t thrilling anymore. From one moment, I was excited and then the next, I’m bored. I was about to ooze off the light when I noticed a car pull up along the sidewalk beside me.
The car was a police car and a terrible figure emerged from the car. It was Charles. He walked with a little swaying, as if he was disturbed in his mind and then he flopped his back against the hood of the car and stared at me. He smiled and eventually laughed. I gave him a nasty stare. He said to me, “So, Aqueous, judging by the hundreds of complaints we got at the station, we have a disagreement here.”
I scornfully told him, “Go away. I don’t want to talk to you.”
He got convinced of something and then continued in his calm, but nasty voice, “So you can talk. So you weren’t just going around possessing people on the street, were you?”
I nodded my head, “No.” I oozed off the light and explained, “I can talk now as you can see.” I turned my back to him, but I watched on in infrared.
He sat up and paced towards me. He took out a lighter and played with it. He explained, “Yes I can see that, but I want you to see something.”
I turned a little towards him, “What?”
He continued, “I’m sure you’ve noticed that you are living in this city and even in this country. If you’re going to live here, I expect you’ll abide by the rules. The United States has allowed certain rights to its citizens, like freedom of assembly, speech and expression, but the thing that I seemingly wasn’t allowed to find out, was that you are not a citizen of this city, or the state, nor the country maybe even this planet.”
He stopped to light a cigarette. He continued, “For all I know, you’re an Eastern spy. Unless you have some sort of identification to show me right now, to prove yourself not an illegal immigrant or refugee, I have enough grounds to put you under arrest.”
I fully faced him. I told him, “What makes you think I can be stopped?”
Charles put the cigarette in his mouth and put his face and inch from mine. He puffed poisonous smoke from his mouth and a few bubbles of the fumes made bubbles inside me. He got furious. “Even if you do show me or tell me of some legal documents, you’re still going to jail on at least 500 disturbance reports.”
I repeated myself, “You obviously don’t get it. What makes you think you can stop me? I’m only telling the world I can talk.”
Charles backed away a little so he could raise his voice. “I’ll find a way! If you’re going to live here, Aqueous, or alien, you have to follow the rules. Vigilance isn’t accepted anywhere on Earth.”
I desperately tried to avoid a conflict. I shouted to him, “I’m not going to hurt anyone. I just want to live happily and perhaps use my abilities to help others.”
Charles laughed, “Don’t give me that crap. With the kind of power you have, you can only be controlled by a super computer. You’re just as bad as a nuclear weapon.”
I complained, “Come on. You can’t be serious.”
He dropped his cigarette and demanded, “Oh, yes! Now get in the car peacefully before I stop pretending you have rights.” He pulled out his gun. He pointed it at me, “Get in now, Aqueous. I’d love to pull the trigger and let them know what you really are.”
“Go ahead.”
“Don’t tempt me! I’ll never trust you, and I’ll only keep myself from shooting you when you gain an identity and pay your taxes.”
“Those don’t work for me.”
He cocked his gun. He exploded, “Maybe so, but the basic prevention of chaos you’ve erupted numerous times is enough for me to pull this trigger.”
I turned around and walked away, waving my tail in a mocking fashion.
He yelled, “Get back here!” I didn’t do anything, but continue. He aimed his gun and demanded with his most stern voice, “Get in the car now, Belway.”
I froze. I thought, “He knew my name?”
But before I could think any further he shot at me five times. His shots were so carefully aimed and done with such skill that my head exploded. I turned to him and slowly formed a very disappointed face, one that would have tamed a god.
Charles got extremely frightened, not at my facial expression, but at something more important. He acted brave for a short moment as he dashed into his car, “You won’t last the night, Aqueous!” He drove off with his tires screeching the ground and thick smoke diffusing through the air. I didn’t bother to chase after him, there was nothing to chase.
Before I could start a trail of thought, again, I was interrupted by a loud noise. I saw the channel 7 news van screech along the opposite side of the light. Miss Pauline burst out of the van and hurried her camera man to set up his camera faster. Even without the camera she exploded into questions, “Aqueous! Aqueous! Is it true? You can talk now?” The camera turned on and she quickly explained to the audience that she was live and interviewing me.
I was still in a bad mood from speaking with Charles, so I only nodded slowly.
Miss Pauline got disappointed and admitted, “So you can’t speak?”
I shook my head and after trying to feel a little less angry, I told her, “Yes I can, I’m just in a bad mood.”
She seemed surprised, “A bad mood? From what I heard, you’ve been parading through the streets and raising havoc.”
I told her, “It was a little fad. I was all excited that I learned how to talk.”
Miss Pauline understood how I felt a little and began a new topic. She asked, “So since now you can talk, are you going to serve and protect the town and communicate with them? It seems that that is what you want to do, I take it, right?”
I was cheered up a little by the topic change. I nodded in agreement, “Yes that’s what I want to do. I have the power, so I might as well use it.”
She then asked a rather difficult question, “Why?”
I became confused, “What do you mean?”
She elaborated, “I used to read those comic books when I was younger and, don’t take this personally, but I see you as one of the super villains. They abuse their power and they hate everybody. There is only one hero and are hordes villains. They may just put that many in the stories just to spice things up, but why do you choose good, despite how easy and fun evil may be?”
I was speechless. I really didn’t know what to tell her. I didn’t feel like I had chosen a side, but I certainly didn’t wan to hurt others or make them suffer, I wanted them to be happy, that’s all. Why would I choose to hurt others? I knew what it was like to suffer, to live a boring life and I knew what it was like to die, no one should have to share that, evil wasn’t the answer. I didn’t need to be evil to have fun. I have no walls or parents to tell me not to jump off them, nor did I have a bedtime or least favourite meal or a school to attend to. Even if I were older, I didn’t have to worry about work, gas, money, taxes, mortgages or anything. I was free to be me and to be me, was a fantasy come true. I didn’t need evil to enjoy myself, I needed to move and I would be happy.
Despite the long explanation I had thought of, I answered differently, “I’m happy being myself and I’m happy when others are happy. I’ll do what needs to be done,” I shrugged, “So we all can be happy. My mother always said to treat others like you would want to be treated and that’s something I don’t think many people do. I’ll do what needs to be done.”
Miss Pauline might have shed a tear if she weren’t on TV. She made a comical remark to the camera, “Sounds like democracy to me.” She turned back to me and asked, “Have you had any luck on figuring out yourself? You’ve mentioned your mother.”
I mumbled, “Yes my mother. She was the best person in the world. I’d love to see her again.”
“Why don’t you?”
I started to melt as if to cry. I moaned, “I’m not her son anymore. “
Diana tried to comfort me and she spoke with sympathy, “Were you banished from your tribe in the stars or something?”
I explained with a sobbing tone, “I ran away and I can never come back. I had to go.”
“Why?”
“Their son is dead.”
Diana held the microphone at my head as I sunk lower and lower into a pool of liquid I imagined being tears. Diana soon realized that I wasn’t going to talk anymore and she understood why. She walked back into the van and then soon after, the camera man followed, while he kept the lens on me as he tiptoed into the side of the van, while I melted into a pathetic pile of tears.

* * * * * *

Meanwhile, in a nearby hospital, a patient had recently recovered. The patient was a pilot for the military. His uniform lay next to him, and in his hands he was sipping a mug of hot chocolate that a nurse had given him. He was relaxing, watching the news on his room’s TV.
A doctor came in his door and then a tall dark figure entered with the doctor. Both men were highly trained in their fields and both were familiar to me. One was a Dr. Blake and the other was Inspector Roger Charles.
After taking a few notes, Dr. Blake explained to Charles, “This is the coma patient from the plane crash four days ago. I believe you wanted to see him as soon as he recovered.”
Charles spoke, rather grumpily, “Yes. As soon as I got in my car, after talking to a suspect, I got the call on my radio. I would’ve liked that sort of service, if I hadn’t of been in such a bad mood.”
Blake mentioned disappointedly, “I’m afraid to tell you inspector, but he’s sustained major brain injuries.”
Charles got angry, “Like what?”
Blake explained, looking at his clipboard, “Um… let’s see. He has minor amnesia, a major concussion, were assuming some brain trauma because he seems to start to sweat or shake at any thought related to the incident. We also can see that his sense of colour has been skewed, but that should only be temporary.”
Charles said sarcastically, “Perfect.”
Blake assured, “Don’t worry, I’ll let you question him, I’ll be standing right here if anything happens.”
Charles asked the pilot, “Do you remember being involved in a plane crash outside this city four days ago.”
The military pilot looked around and then at Charles as if he were fascinated by the invention of colour. The man was completely out of whack to his surroundings and unable to understand that what he was seeing and hearing and tasting he had experienced before. He awkwardly responded with, “Nice drink, hm? Crash? I like this chocolate.”
Charles’ voice rose, “Do you remember anything about what happened before you woke up today?”
The pilot pondered. He remembered, “I remember pilot school with my friends a little. I also remember my Dad, he was a top pilot.”
Charles repeated, “More recent! Anything closer to now?”
“I remember me and my friends were to carry a package to a new base.”
“What was the package? Mail? Supplies? Prisoners?”
“I remember the secrets.”
“What secrets?”
“I don’t know. They were secret.”
Charles was getting upset with the lack of answers he was getting. He changed the subject a little. He was stern, “Do you remember how the crash happened?”
The pilot got a little nervous, but he didn’t know why, so he answered, “What crash? Was anyone hurt?”
Charles gave up. He turned to Blake and started talking to him. While this was happening, the pilot turned his attention to the news. He heard the anchor talk about a few brief events and then she explained that Diana Pauline was live and interviewing me. At the name Aqueous, the pilot didn’t react to the name. When the camera changed to Diana and then centered on me, the pilot started sweating. Within an instant his body temperature dropped and his face was pale. He started to shake violently and then came his horrific shrieks.
Dr. Blake rushed to the pilot’s aid, as the pilot squirmed in his bed and let out nightmarish wails and cries. The man was uncontrollable. Dr. Blake pulled out a syringe and injected a scrum into his arm. After a few seconds, the pilot stopped screaming, but still shook a lot. Eventually he was medicated enough to not feel anything, but he pointed to the screen, pointed at me and exclaimed, “Evil! That’s it! It was the one! It killed O’Neil and Patterson and Tai and… and… and everyone else! Those eyes… they are attacking me right now… It was the secret… It was from the…” Before the man could finish, his brain had collapsed, due to the enormous emotion raging through such a damaged brain. He died.
Charles sat back and watched the whole thing happen and now he felt convinced. He left the building with out saying a word. He got in his cruiser and picked up his radio. He drove off to the station with a look of anxiety.

* * * * * *

I lay there, pretending to cry. I really did miss my family and I wanted to see them really badly. The only thing holding me back from seeing them, was because I had a few things to sit and figure out and that I feared Charles was watching me and he might want to do bad things to them. I felt a little paranoid about Charles, but I really didn’t like him. After a few more tears and a few last thoughts, I decided to head home, despite Charles’ watching eyes.
I reformed myself and the few people watching were startled at my sudden movement. I asked one of the spectators, “Which way to the forest?” The spectator was startled at the sudden question, but eventually she pointed behind her. I nodded and then I dashed, full speed and cometting towards the direction I had been pointed to.
I ran and soon I reached the suburbs from which I entered the town originally. The roads became rougher and dirtier as I got closer to the forest in front of me. The road forked, but it was faster to run through the forest. The trees started to be thin and I didn’t bother to dodge them, I just literally ran through them. Once the trees got thicker in width and in quantity, I dodged and I cometted from tree to tree. Animals scurried and leaves fell. The more I heard the cries of nature, the more I pictured my family in danger. I wanted to quicken my pace, but I was already going faster than I thought I could hold myself solid. The forest seemed to be an eternity of trees and I thought that my house would never appear. But there was a sign of relief, when the trees thinned and cracks of light started to appear.
I burst from trees and I raced through fields, my home should have been appearing over the horizon any moment. But there was nothing. There was no house, no park in the distance, no driveway, no road, no neighbors, just more field. I wasn’t convinced yet so I cometted straight up into the air and looked for any source of heat. There was nothing. I looked more and when I finished I looked even more, but my house wasn’t there, nothing I remembered was there. My home and everything I knew didn’t seem to exist.
I spoke in a psychotic rage, “Where is my home?” I raised my arms and pleaded to whoever was watching, “Where is my family? Mom, Dad, Sam, Catherine? Where are you?” I began to cry again into a puddle, “What’s going on?” I pounded the ground and asked myself, “Did I do this?” I stopped, “Is this my fault?” I lifted my head, “Is this because I disappeared from their lives, they have to disappear from my life? Is that how it works?” My despair turned to rage and I shook in unstableness, “Whoever did this… I will get you. Who has done this to me? Who? Why? How?” I smashed my arms on the ground so hard they exploded. I pretended to breathe heavily and then I shook my fist, “I need answers.” I stood up and remembered, “Charles,” I said, “Charles knew my last name.” I turned to the direction of the city. I swore, “I’ll find out how he knew and what else he knows as he screams for air wrapped around my tentacles!”
I went to chase after Charles, but I was stopped by a much longer lasting feeling of death, the same feeling that I had inside the doghouse the previous day. My vision went blank and my hearing numb and I felt I had lost control of my entire body for a split second. I ignored it, even though the angrier I got, the more I felt the pain. Still I ignored the pain and I headed towards the city.
I don’t know how, but I moved even faster through the forest and soon enough I reached the road. Then I reached the suburbs and then the city and then street I had been standing on before. My imaginary adrenaline was pumping and my motivation to not let my body stop me kept me raging through the streets like an unstoppable weapon. I cometted up on top of buildings and homes, in hopes of see anything that might tell me where Charles was.
The more I searched, the more frustrated I got, the stronger this mysterious pain grew. I kept ignoring it, but I was clawing at me from the inside and the pain become almost inviting, because it would have meant death. But I needed answers and I’d only get them if I stayed in control.
Despite my struggle to keep going, my weakening caused me to stop in the middle of the street. I stood there struggling and waiting for this pain to go away. Then it went away, because I concentrated on getting rid of the pain, rather than finding Charles. The pain died and died and then it died. The pain died and I didn’t. I had no idea what it was or why I felt like I was dying or losing my body to some force, but I was relieved it was gone.
But before I could celebrate, I heard the sounds of ten police cars. Then five cars appeared behind me and five were in front. They stopped by turning all their four tires perpendicular to me. All the cars surrounded me and they had me trapped.
I looked on, all around me, in infrared. All the car doors opened and slammed shut. I heard the jingling of heavy metals beating against each other, as well as the pounding of at least 30 feet. I heard many bodies thump against the metal of their cars and I heard pistols and shotguns load and cock. I saw a large division of the police station all behind their cars, pointing their guns at me. I took a step and I then heard 15 safety switches turn off.
I turned a little more to see a figure emerge late from his car. The figure was Charles and he was holding a shotgun and his face was sinister. He spoke loud enough that he didn’t need the aid of a loudspeaker. He demanded of me, “Aqueous! Drop to the ground now and surrender! You are under arrest!”
I crossed my arms and patted my tail on the ground. I asked, “Why’s that? Do you need the whole station to arrest a peaceful immigrant?”
He explained with a serious tone, “No, that means nothing. You are under arrest for the murder of eleven U.S. Soldiers and destruction of a $400 000 military cargo plane. You failed to mention that before. Now get down!”
I explained, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I didn’t do anything like that.”
“Our witness said differently before he died of brain trauma that you caused.” He spoke quietly to a fellow officer and the officer threw an odd looking container onto the road in front of me. The container looked a lot like a garbage can, but a lot less crude. Charles explained, “Get in the can.”
I obviously said, “No.”
Charles spoke sternly, “This is your last warning, Aqueous! Get in the can peacefully and it’ll save a lot of needless bloodshed.”
I turned away a little and explained, “Well I want answers from you too.”
He said in an annoyed voice, “Like what?”
“How do you know my name?”
He stalled for a second and then replied, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
I announced, “Well that makes two of us!”
Charles, feeling a little bit of defeat, held up his gun and pointed it at me. He shouted to his men, “Fire at will boys!”
Then pistol after pistol and shotgun after shotgun fired away at me. The officers’ aim were dead on and every bullet hit, except for a little bit of the shotgun fragments. My body soon filled with lead and the heat from all the slugs spread through my whole body to almost the point where I might have called it pain. After 30 seconds of firing, every police officer’s magazine or chamber was empty and they all watched me amongst the smoke rising from their barrels.
I stood there, with one hundred pounds of metal inside me. I spun around slowly and then I dropped every single bullet that I held to the asphalt. Each “tink” that the metal made after knocking with the ground, opened the mouth of an unbelieving officer. The whole police force watched in awe for a moment, until they reloaded again.
The stand off started again and the police didn’t seem to realize who they were up against. I waited again for them to try again, but this time another weapon emerged. An officer jumped over his car and landed. He did some strange movements with his hands and arms and then he screamed. He stood in a martial arts stance. He spoke to me in a slurred voice, “Let me see if you can stand some of my mighty fists! What do you say to that? A duel?”
He was challenging me to a duel. I had never fought in my life and I had only seen fighting in movies. I had never been in any sort of physical condition to be in a physical fight, but now I felt I was up to it. So I accepted the man’s offer, “Sure, but I don’t know what you’ll gain by fighting me.”
The man paced towards me, still on his stance. I didn’t move; I stayed there frozen in place with my arms crossed and my tail patting the ground. He paced closer and then began to circle me. He was only a little taller than me, making him a smaller man. He was in great physical shape and he was a clean looking man. He declared, “I am Won Chi Gazbei, ju-jitsu black belt. You have no chance at escaping arrest.”
I declared, “Well I’m Aqueous and I could just jump over you and run away, but I feel that’s dishonourable.”
“Indeed.” With that, he leapt at me with a jump kick. His foot went right through me. I uncrossed my arms and faced him. He retaliated and jumped out of me. He took a few hops back and forth, and then he leapt and chopped me at the left shoulder. His hand passed through my entire body and came out of my right hip. Despite the speed of his chop, my speed of reattaching my two halves was faster.
He leapt back again and asked of me, “What are you?”
I answered honestly, “What am I? I am not fighting back.”
He took that comment as an insult and he got frustrated. He leapt at me again and he exploded into combinations of kicks, punches, chops and jump kicks. He screamed the whole way and I didn’t budge. When he was finally done his 30 hit combinations, he held his martial artist stance and panted.
I lay in puddle form. I slowly reformed my body and looked at him with a look that said, “I told you so. Now you’ll pay.” The officer became afraid. He was now connived that I couldn’t be hurt. He desperately tried one more attack. He pulled back his arm to wind up a powerful punch, but I snaked my tail around him and grabbed his arm. He began to throw his punch, but my tail caught it. He tried to struggle for a bit, but he couldn’t break free. I pulled on my tail and spun the man around. He pun all the way around and then I caught his face with my right hand. I pushed his face forward a little, enough so he fell to his knees in pain. His police friends had their bullets loaded and their guns pointed at me, watching and waiting for the moment their ally was out of my grasp. I quickly transformed my right arm into my right leg and I now held him in my foot. I glanced around a little at the nervousness of the police. I looked at Won Chi and I said, “Sorry, you’ve lost.” I whipped my foot to the ground, smashing Won into the ground, face first. I cometted over the cars, with bullets flying.
The attempted arrest turned into a chase. All the officers got into their cars and plowed after me. I raced down the middle of the street; right along the yellow line, so no one could get in my way. The sirens of the squad cars were fast approaching; I wasn’t nearly fast enough to out run them. I was on a four lane avenue in the city and there were lots of cars. Even though the traffic was heavy, the police still managed to gain on me slowly.
Then there was a gap in traffic and one police car used this to its advantage. The driver pulled up to and past the yellow lines a little. Then the car blasted towards me at raging speeds. I saw the meteor of heat race towards me, intending to crush me under its wheels. The driver thought he was going to make it; he was split seconds away from running me over. I jumped and the car raced underneath me. The car’s wheel’s screeched and I turned a corner with a salute.
I was now running down a narrow bridge, held up by two arches attached to its side. Since it was so narrow and old, the police cars would take ages to get across. I felt that I had lost them, so I jumped leapt on top of the high arches and I nimbly ran across the thin metal beams with the help of my tail and tentacle to keep balance. Once the arch started to descend, I cometted to the roof of a small store. From there I climbed my way up to the top of some very high apartment buildings. I was now truly convinced that the police had no idea where I was and had given up.
The roof of the building I was on the highest building in my area, the buildings in front of me and to my sides were much shorter. My only options of getting down were either back where I came from down the stairs or I could leap off from where I was. I felt safe, more or less and so I found an elevator door to the roof and I sat next to it. I used this time to loosen my liquid’s grip and let go of some dirt my fast moving feet had picked up. This spot was highest that I had ever been in the city. I realized this when I saw the pillars of heat going into the sky weren’t as strong as from down at the surface. I felt that I found a good sanctuary, for now.
A few minutes had passed and then I heard a loud, frightful noise. The noise sounded like the beating of a hundred, adrenaline fueled hearts. I looked to my left, back to where I had come from and I saw what was making the noise. Two helicopters rose from below the building. The helicopters each had a large door open with many heavily equipped men inside and beside the door the letters S.W.A.T. were spelled out. The two choppers turned so their cargo could face me. I heard a scream from amongst the beating. A voice of a SWAT officer ordered, “Use the E.P.P!”
I stood up and walked forward a little, but I kept my eye on them. I then heard a large “Thoom” sound, as if an explosion occurred. I saw something heading towards me. It wasn’t moving as fast as a bullet, but I was certainly going to hit me in less than a second. I figured I didn’t need to dodge it; it didn’t look threatening. Then the ball of material opened up. The object was some sort launched net that opened up.
I decided that it was a good idea to jump. I was too late to dodge it completely. I had jumped straight up and it hit my legs. The net was made of plastic and their seemed to be a lot of static electricity in it. The plastic hit me and wrapped around my legs, faster than I could ever tangle someone up. I fell to the ground and I struggled to take the bag of my legs. The plastic was wrapped around me like a cocoon, a second skin even, it was so tight. Fortunately I was able to slide out by turning myself into a puddle.
As soon as I finished reforming myself I barely dodged another one of these EPPs. The entire SWAT was armed with these EPPs and sub-machine guns strapped to their chests. I cometted out of the way of another EPP. I was now backed to the edge of the building; the only way down was a 20 story drop to the street below. I looked behind me at the colossal distance to the ground. Most people would be afraid, but I had nothing to fear, but being caught. Heat moved quickly in front of me and I turned to see more EPPs after me. I had no choice. I did a back flip off the building and I managed to dodge the EPPs.
I was falling. The wind speed was so great that I turned into a drop, into a comet. The street was fast approaching and I braced myself. I smacked the ground so hard that I actually cracked the street below me, despite the fact I by body has very little resistance. My liquid had splattered everywhere. I managed to reform my legs with the liquid around me, so I used the technique I learned at the water treatment plant and I sensed my liquid and then shot them towards me. On coming cars stopped to see the fantastic display of all this liquid leap and land on me. After around 20 seconds I was fully reformed and the two SWAT choppers were right on my tail.
The helicopters were unaffected by traffic and the always had a clear vantage point if I continued running. I heard commander shout to his troops, “The Emulsifying Plastic Projectile (E.P.P.) can’t work at these speeds and with all these pedestrians, use your bean bag rounds.” I wasn’t to sure if that was what he actually said, but I gathered that they were trying a new weapon.
The helicopters slightly turned in order for some SWAT officers to use their guns and I heard the cocking of many guns. Then I heard firing of special guns, but the fire was still rapid and loud. Then I felt a large object hit me in the back. The object was a bean bag and it was heavier and larger than a bullet, but it didn’t pierce through me like a bullet would, so a huge chunk of liquid exploded from my back and I lost my balance for a moment. I managed to catch the liquid with my tail and I managed to regain balance, but I was very lucky not to have fallen down or had to stop and retrieve a chunk of my liquid. I quickly decided I had to avoid their weapons at all costs, after another bag hit my head.
I turned a corner and the very highly skilled SWAT pilots completed the corner without flaw. About five bags hit me and I fell down. I quickly got up and I raced backwards to absorb some lost liquid. The second helicopter completed their strategy when I was briefly stopped to spin around and shoot an EPP. I saw the heat behind me and quickly turned puddle form. The plastic flew over top of me and latched onto a screeching car’s side door. I reformed quickly and dodged another EPP. I raced down the path that I had just run down originally and this time I ran with some comets from car to car in order to go faster and be a harder target.
The SWAT choppers quickly caught up and they had trouble hitting me, but they still did; they were excellent marksmen. Even though I turned down corners, went down alley, on top of buildings and back and forth everywhere, the SWAT didn’t quit. Turned a few corners and I saw a street that had no other vehicles on it. I saw up ahead a road block made of SWAT vans and police car, but no police.
To the other side of the cars was a river I hadn’t noticed before. I figured the water would be a great hide out. Since I didn’t need to breathe, I could stay under the water until the police gave up. The plan was perfect and the only obstacle in my way was a few parked police vehicles and a small stretch of grass.
I closed in on the road block and I avoided the flying balls of heat behind me. The road block was in cometting distance and I cometted into the air. As I flew over top the vehicles, I realized my mistake. I had just walked into an ambush and in the air at least thirty EPPs were fired at me. Many of them missed, but I was hit by a few. The plastic completely coated me and there was opening at all for me to slip through. I was enclosed in a very impressive piece of technology.
I landed on the ground with a thud for the first time in my new body and I heard the sound of all the police officers rejoice. I felt defeated and I didn’t even struggle to break free. A bunch of heat sources paced towards me and cheered as they did so. One went down to pick me up and he soon noticed a flaw in their flawless weapon.
I noticed it too. There were breathing hole all over the plastic. They were there so human suspects could breathe inside their plastic prison, but I didn’t need to breathe. Because of those holes, when the officer picked me up, I started to ooze through the cracks like something going through a strainer. The man gasped and dropped me. I forced all myself through the holes as hard as I could and within 30 seconds, I was out. Since I was in a puddle and on grass, shooting more EPPs would be useless.
I reformed and I gazed at the SWAT staring at me with bean bag guns loading. I saw the two helicopters above me, EPPs and bag guns in hand. I saw three SWAT boats behind me in the water with more officers with EPPs and bean bag guns. I only had one move or they would keep firing EPPs until there were no holes left.
I looked up and I cometted up towards a helicopter. My streak of liquid coiled around the stands of the chopper. I slithered around to the helicopter’s tail and I saw the propeller. I jammed my hand into the visible gears and I caused the chopper’s steering to malfunction and after I broke the whole propeller off, ceased the steering entirely.
I shouted to the SWAT inside and told them to jump out, because the helicopter was going to crash. Some SWAT believed me and jumped, but most stayed inside. The helicopter was out of control and now every police officer was shooting whatever gun they held. The helicopter started to spin and drift over towards the city again. The helicopter spun faster and I held onto the hole that the propeller was in originally with all the might. The chopper spun faster and faster and faster and every SWAT bailed then. The chopper descended in a vicious fury and I couldn’t hold on any longer, the pressure was ripping me apart.
I let go and I flew into the streets of the city. The helicopter smashed straight into the street behind me and soon transformed into a blazing inferno. I reformed me body and I heard a door opening to my left. A small apartment door opened and Rachael was the one who opened it. She screamed to me, “Get inside! Before they see you!” I had no choice, so I ran into the door. Rachael slammed it shut. She grabbed my arm and rushed up a few flights of stairs and then into a hallway and then into her apartment. We crouched down low as we heard the police die off into the distance. We waited until dark to come out of caution.
© Copyright 2005 Brad Weaver (UN: namelesstailed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brad Weaver has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365058-I-Am-Aqueous---Chapter-6