*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366615-Quandry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1002062
What I'm discovering and doing as part of the "Going Pro Group"
#366615 added August 16, 2005 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
Quandry
I'm joined two groups that have to do with getting published. I joined "Going Pro" first, and in the last few weeks also joined "On Our Own," a group devoted to getting self-published.

Yes, I'd like to get paid for writing, and if I stick with what "Going Pro" says, I could veryw well be published before the end of the year.

My problem with "Going Pro" is that it kind of seems overhwlming, about what all we need to do, spreadsheets to fill out, forums to keep up with--and there's lots of info I need to catch up on reading. I feel so far behind, I wouuld almost drop out in favor of self-publishing. I think I've been doing my research, but jeez! It's a big wide world out there.

It's difficult to know which way to go. My purpose in getting published is to make money and to get my book, or articles, poems, etc., out there where real people can read my writing.

So I'm overwhlemes today, but it'll get better. I will write, and I will find a market, and eventually get piad.

Heard from another member I need to check out what Debauchery has writeen in her book for "Going Pro." A new place to start.

Plus I want to check out all the resources that Rom Howard has written on publishing. Guess I just need tim, and an improved attention span.

Sunflower Sig, of the larger variety
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366615-Quandry