*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368314
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #982893
An ancient prophesy comes to life...
#368314 added August 23, 2005 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Four
CHAPTER FOUR: THE BEGINNING OF A LONG JOURNEY


         And so they started off. A bit akwardly, I know, but you can't blame them. It was a rather confusing and perculiar matter, after all. They walked down the path for quite a while until they finally exited the forrest and a couple of buidlings were in sight, signifying the start of the town, they deducted, and it turns out they were right (they had expected it a little farther off, but nevertheless, they still believed thast the town was coming up soon).
         It was a lovely city, with markets and commerce all over. People were riding in wagons to supply the shops, selling items in little makeshift tents, bustling about, trying to get a good deal on what they wanted, and generally acting very rushed. Suddenly, a woman rushed up to Jennifer, carrying a large sachel.
         "Excuse me, young lady, but I believe I know you," the woman stated.
         Jennifer looked at the lady oddly, knowing that she had never left the village before, and that Herimas told her that no one could enter the village. "I don't believe so..."
         "Of course I do. And If I know you like I used to, you'd love this!" The woman began putting all sorts of jewelry on Jennifer and handing her beautiful and expensive-looking clothing.
         Jennifer looked at all the things piling up that the woman was giving her. "You are very kind, ma'am. Thank you very much!"
         The woman smiled at Jennifer. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. That'll just be 3,000 gold pieces."
         "3,000 gold pieces?!!" Gregory exclaimed. "Who on earth has that kind of money?!"
         "Well you must, otherwise you're stealing from me," the woman stated, looking a bit shocked.
         "Oh, I'm sorry. Take this back!" Jennifer began taking the jewelry off and giving her the clothing.
         "Oh, you can't do that! You've already soiled it with your filthy hands! Help! Guards! These travelers are trying to steal from me!"
         "What?! You put this stuff on her! This isn't right!" Gregory roared.
         "What are you talking about?! She snatched it from my sachel! GUARDS!!" At that moment, five guards came with weapons drawn. The woman yelled to them. "Arrest these children! They tried to steal all of my finest jewelry!"
          The guards looked at Jennifer, who still was wearing much of the jewelry, then looked at Robert and Gregory. "We see the girl, but what have the two lads done?"
         "They.... were her accomplises!! They were traveling with her! They all deserve to be locked up for good! What she stole was well over 3,000 gold pieces worth!"
         "It looks like they've got nothing on them. I'm sorry ma'am, but we cannot arrest them for stealing jewelry if they don't have any jewelry." The guards looked that Jennifer and put their spears to her back. "Come with us, theif!" They goaded her to a building while she screamed for help from Robert and Gregory.
         Robert's eyes turned to flame. He looked at the woman. "You did that purposfully! You knew we wouldn't have that kind of money! Why would you do such a thing?!"
         The woman smirked. "Because the guards give me back the jewelry and I get 3,000 gold pieces from the governer. I say 'Who cares about the lowly travelers when you could be rich?' Ha!" She walked off, smirking to herself.
         Gregroy growled and looked at the building they led Jennifer into. "How do you think we can get her out?"
         Robert shook his head. "We can't break her out... I guess we'll have to convice the guards that she's innocent."
         "Do you realize how hard that's going to be?" Gregory scowled, "They think they've caught her red-handed!"
         Robert thought for amoment, trying to think of how to save his friend. Gregory was right, this situation didn't look good at all, and the chances of winning this legal battle seemed slim. "Let's go to jail!" With that exclamation, Robert ran off to the building they took Jennifer in.
         Gregory hesitated slightly (thinking of what Robert said and wondering what he had in mind), thne followed behind, unsure of his friend's plan.
© Copyright 2005 The Southern Polaris (UN: levitimes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Southern Polaris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368314