*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369108-Will-Self-Publish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#369108 added August 28, 2005 at 3:08am
Restrictions: None
Will Self Publish
The will I, won't I debate is somewhat settled in my mind. My previous dates are shot, but I've thought about what I really want. I want to publish a book now. I can work toward submitting to short story and magazine possibilities, but I have to organize my time to attain my goals for me. Happenchance can only help, but one must have a workable plan, and I can't take the possible rejections in daunting me from my task.

I have a solid scathering of a manuscript, and a good sense of what I want the finished product to be. Learning the process of what one does when they do this without making all the mistakes possible, is my first goal. My deadline for this point is now on or about October 17. That gives me six weeks to learn about the industry. If I read, and pay attention, I can learn a lot, enough in six weeks. A typoical grading period.

I'm holding out on a wish and many prayers that my ter's Digest contest entry will come back with encouraging results. Nothing is impossible. I bought a lotto ticket tonight too. Hopes and dreams don't have to cost a lot. It only takes one set of numbers for the lotto payoff, hence, I only invested a dollar in the lottery. I have much more invested in writing, and getting published, and making my money and my name. The name I've chosen is not even my own.

I want to make some kind of money from my writing in the forseeble future. I CAN do it with self publishing. I need to figure out if that's a hyphen or not. I'm open to expertise, so somebody will tell me.

I want my book to be my poetry and essays, with a good organizational stucture of presenting my knowledge and experience with bipolar disorder. I have a unique slant on the world. I'll go with the risk of stigma, and write what I know. The audience
or market is a unique but expanding one. I believe what I have to offer can benefit other people. No since in depriving the world when I have the opportunity and the capablities in my reach/grasp.

I need to go back and rearrange some of my blogs into the self-publishing folder I've got. Nothing will happen if my organization a follow through doesn't improve.

© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369108-Will-Self-Publish