*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370121
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#370121 added September 1, 2005 at 4:45pm
Restrictions: None
Stumbling Blocks
What now? Where do you go from here? 'She' asked.

"I have an idea. I'm not sure it's going to work, but I have to try." the young woman responded. "Things are getting better."

Are they? The project is no closer to completion than it was a month ago. Two months ago! 'He' yelled.

Are you crazy? After she came so close to death, and came back again, you would press her so? 'She' exclaimed.

You can coddle her all you want. But it won't motivate her to finish. It won't make her stronger.

"I'll finish when I want to finish. I'm aware of the project. Every day of my life I think about it. But I have to be sure before I go any further."

STOP TRYING FOR PERFECTION!

"I'm sick of arguing with you! Why don't you let me be? You know what I can do. Look at all the things I've acomplished! I'm not trying for perfection, but I'll be damned if it's not the best I can make it!" said the young woman, raising her voice. "Now I'm sorry if this taking a long time, but this is the most important thing I'll ever do. Do you think I'd ever be happy, or satisfied with a half-assed project?"

'They' fell silent. Fine. 'He' spoke. Do it your way. But I don't think it's too much to ask to see some results. It's been seven years already!

"I know it. But this involves putting everything I know aside and being as neutral as possible. And I'm losing my sight. My sight!"

'They' fell silent again. You think you lose your sight every other quater. Just because it's dormant doesn't mean you've lost it. 'He' replied

"Oh really? When was the last time I could see something clearly?" she shot back.

You're scared of seeing. That is why you choose not too continue. 'She' observed. I thought that by now you would have been over this-

"Is it that obvious? I just don't know if I can see that-I mean...it's not me."

It isn't you. But it's too close for comfort for you.

"I just don't know what to do. I shouldn't skip over something like that...it's not fair to you...but I don't know how to take note of something like that."

I am sorry. I assumed you could handle anything you saw. 'She' said quietly.

"Anything, except that. No one's supposed to know-"

I understand. But you are the only one who can see and explain it. My advice is that you abreviate.

"Abreviate?"

Suggestion and insinuation is sometimes more memorable than spellling everuything out.

The young woman nodded. "Yes. I don't think it would be so terrible if I did that."
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370121