*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371012-Jessiebelles-Observations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#371012 added September 6, 2005 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Jessiebelle's Observations
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#972587 by Not Available.


Entry titled: Thoughts of a Trash Picker at the Houston Astrodome
Dated: 09-05-05


All her other stuff is good too, but this particular piece of her's is just very relevant to what I have been bitching about for the last couple of days.

Although many of the people in the many of the pictures the news media has splattered across the world's television screens are black that single fact does not make them any less human, or any less American. And it also does not make them all violent criminals, either! Please feel free to point out to me any one, single major city that does not have a problem with crime, and a small minority of violent criminals that cause grief for everyone else.

Thank you Jessiebelle for your observations, and insight into the Louisiana people whose lives have been shattered by two major disasters - the first being Hurricane Katrina, and the second, abandonment and betrayal by Federal officials whose job it is to take care of Americans during a disaster.

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371012-Jessiebelles-Observations