*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371054-Prayers-of-hope-and-strength
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#371054 added September 6, 2005 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
Prayers of hope and strength
I’ve just re-read my recent blog entries and they are lame. I know, I know, you’re saying, ‘but robin, stop being so hard on yourself.” This time, I’d have to disagree. I’ve purposely avoided writing about Katrina, my thoughts, feelings and emotions. The damage so devastating. Having to relocate and start completely over is difficult for me to comprehend. (I have so much to be grateful for.) All the words I consider writing pale in comparison to the emotions running through my soul. The hurt, anguish and helplessness I feel for all of those experiencing such a tragedy. I wonder if I’d have the strength to carry on.

The loss of life, property, belongings, pets. I just can’t even imagine. And then, some of the stories. I wonder why someone wouldn’t get out in time. With such a warming. The satellite pics of Katrina’s vastness…I pray I never find myself in such a situation; not being able to leave and wanting to.

My contributions to the relief have been minor. Money, supplies- sent through a local church- and blood. Well, okay, I’m donating tomorrow. I keep a daily vigil, watching channel 23, constantly being updated on rescue efforts. Reading the paper, passing around pictures on the internet.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/slideshow/katrina2.html

http://mirrors.freeinternetpress.com/cryptome.org/kat01/katrina-01.htm

My tiny contributions seem insignificant, especially when compared to the massive amounts needed. Nonetheless, my prayers continue to go out for everyone negatively impacted by the storm. God bless you all.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371054-Prayers-of-hope-and-strength