*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372485-coca-Cola
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#372485 added September 12, 2005 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
coca-Cola
So, the coke people just dropped by. Well let me back up, the representatives from the Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company dropped by. If you aren’t a resident of Georgia, then you don’t know…there is only Coke. Period. No Pepsi, and oddly enough, no dr. pepper, no mellow yellow, just Coke. Coke, Coke, and oh yeah, Coke. Even if your fingers are wrapped around a green bottle of Sprite, it’s really just COKE.

Anyway, where was I? I know, I’m rambling. Yeah, so Kel, from the district office drops by with some guy named Don, Dressed in office professional clothes – both of them. They just finished eating lunch at Chilies’ and made a joke about it. I played along, asking Don where my food was. They laughed.

They came to chck out the broken machine. You know, the one that was vandalized during the break in like um. WEEKS ago – back just before the Hilton Hed trip – THAT long ago I’ve requested, and so has the service man, a new vending machine. I’m still waiting. So, Kel, had been instructed by higher ups to verify I’ve done all humanly possible to prevent break ins against their machine or whatever.

Yes, Kel, I have a security system, and the machine is located INSIDE my facility. I tell her all about the break in.

“Oh my gosh,” I start out, with lots of enthusiasm. “They tore apart my fence post, walked around to the back, and smashed this window.” My arm points to the now fixed glass. “Yep.” I’m shaking y head. “Cost me four hundred dollars to fix.” Well, in truth, it cost the City four hundred dollars, but who’s squabbling over details.

“Wow.” She says, eyes wide open, visibly impressed. So I continue.

“Yes. And, I haven’t even gotten the bill for the fence yet.” This is true. I haven’t the foggiest idea how much the fence repair will set me back. Well, set back the city’s tennis center budget. Back to that detail thing again.

“And,” I continue, I’ve got an audience. I’m not wasting an opportunity. “They tore up the coke machine but weren’t able to get the money out. Sooooo, they walked behind the counter and stole the snack money.” Then, I proceed to tell her, how I cleared all the bills from the snack’s register, leaving only coin. “Couldn’t have been more than five dollars.” I conclude. Nothing pisses me off more than thieving.

She sees I’m not the negligent party, offers me her card, in case I need to get in touch with her again. “Orders will still be taken from the Tampa office.” She tells me, but anything else, feel free to give her a buzz. They walk out, thanking me for selling their product and promising to see about getting me a new machine.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372485-coca-Cola