*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373275-The-Presidents-Speech
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#373275 added September 16, 2005 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
The President's Speech
Well, Mr. Bush certainly gave a better performance than he did during the Presidential debates. Bush must have worked really hard, and his performance did not seem that rehearsed... but you gotta know it was. I really can't judge his facial expressions as being sincere or not, as I have so much distrust in the man.

As to why Bush gave the speech he gave, I can only imagine the Republican Party uppity ups got on his ass big time for his disastrous delayed response and reactions to the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. I also figure that at the rate Bush's performance polls are tanking the Republican party is now realizing that Bush is probably destroying any possibility of any other Republican getting elected in 2008.

In regards to what Bush said in his speech, it all sounds good, but I am going to reserve judgment on his promised actions. Let's face it, Bush's actions so far have only added to the roles of poverty in this country. I don't just blame Republicans, its Democrats too. American people need a President that cares more about America, and really knows what is going on in our country. Corporations are as much the problem as politics.

In my humble opinion, the moral decay of our American society flows from the top down, kinda like water that takes the path of least resistance.

Bush took responsibility for the failed federal response to the biggest natural disaster to befall America in decades, but he still did not really apologize. I am not sure if a sincere apology would really matter to anyone, and I certainly don’t know if Bush is really capable of a sincere apology, so maybe an apology is moot point.

The scramble to obtain chunks of the federal money that is, and is going to be available has already started in earnest. I don’t know what can be done to guarantee that all the federal money will be well and fairly spent. America is awash in greed. Money begets power, power begets more money, and this seems to be a never ending cycle.

What is all that Bush promised going to cost, and where is all the money going to come from?

All the money the federal government has comes from people paying taxes. Except for the billions of dollars that has been donated to be used for aid and assistance for the hurricane victims, where is the money to pay for all that is needed going to come from?

How well are all the billions of donated money been accounted for, and spent to aid the victims of the tsunami?

I hope and pray that Bush and his administration can and will do the right thing, but given their track record to date I have my doubts.

I hope that anyone or any Corporation that puts personal gain, and profits before people will be found out, publicly disgraced, and duly punished to the full extent of the law.

It is my sincere hope that Bush can manage to do all that he has promised and more. I’ll just have to wait and see, and I reserve judgment for now.

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373275-The-Presidents-Speech