*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375252-Relationships-in-Chaos-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1015014
myblogmyblogmyblog
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#375252 added September 25, 2005 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Relationships in Chaos part 2
After 3 weeks of working like crazy, not getting enough sleep, spending every free minute together...
Everything stops.
Time off- incredibly relaxing.
Hours and hours spent just enjoying each other's company.
Don't want it to end...
After wavering back and forth about whether or not to stay, finally deciding to stay.
Why not?

Back to Baton Rouge to get a new assignment from headquarters.
Hurricane Rita on the way...
things get hectic-
go for lunch and come back to a deserted headquarters. Getting ready for the next phase.
Spend the night in a staff shelter with who knows how many people.
Great storm- never seen anything like it. The wind, the rain, the trees down-electricity goes off, the roof starts to leak.

Next day. Seems like the storm has changed more than the temperature.
What happened to us?
Bickering almost.
Crabby with each other.

We have a new assignment- going to New Orleans!
Except we can't leave until Nagin says we can come back in the city. Could be a few days.

Kind of...bored. Used to so much excitement- so much CHAOS! So much to do. Pace of life has gone from 100 mph to what feels like less than zero in just a few days.
Bored with each other?
I feel myself getting testy. Tired of eating at Bennigans! Tired of driving around. Nowhere to go to get privacy.
Talking and talking and talking.
And talking and talking.
Differences becoming more pronounced?
Because it's getting old or because of the situation?
Comfortable enough with each other that we can snap at each other and apologize 5 minutes after.
Nice that we're so comfortable with each other?
After only a month we're annoyed with each other?

Extreme circumstances...

Talk about what will happen "after".
Try to stay together?
One vote for yes and one vote for no.
Make plans to see each other?
...what's the point?

Lives going in opposite directions...
ME: world traveler, don't know what I'm doing from one month to the next and LIKE IT that way, not ready to settle down IN THE SLIGHTEST, the thought of staying in one place for more than a few months MAKES ME QUEASY. Now is the time for adventure in my life!!!
Already planning what WARM place I want to be in before the DAMN SNOW comes back to Wisconsin...

HIM: good old hometown family-oriented religious loves his mom Iowa boy. Looking for steady midwest girl (possibly nurse?) to bear his children and love him forever while he is off being a firefighter. Doesn't see any reason to leave the midwest. Moving 30 miles away from family to go to college was the hardest and loneliest time for him.

Wow...putting it into text makes it sound even more ridiculous.

But at the same time...
don't I want to settle down?
Eventually I do.
Don't I think I could end up in the midwest?
Eventually.
I really want a family. More than anything I want a family.
But god, not now.
Now is the time to explore.

He is attracted to me for my adventurous spirit and my compassion.
I'm attracted to him for his compassion and stability.

Is there romantic life after Disaster Relief?

The question of the day.....

Sitting in headquarters waiting for the word so we can go into New Orleans.
The new adventure begins.
Everything else will wait.




© Copyright 2005 Camilla (UN: camilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Camilla has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375252-Relationships-in-Chaos-part-2