*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375662-Reviewing-again
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1015371
The rambles, rants and raves of a writing newbie.
#375662 added September 27, 2005 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Reviewing again
I'm really starting to think that maybe I'm making myself hated around here. No one likes harsh reviews. Particularly if you say something negative about a phrase they loved. Of course there are exceptions. There're always exceptions, except in Maths.^^ Just kidding. The thing is, I hate Maths. The numbers are so arbitrary, after all. You can say that 1 is 1, but what if 1 was 2? When I asked that to my mother, she said, "There, you're talking nonsense again". I agreed with her, after all I was talking about Maths, and it never made any sense to me. Now, Physics I liked. Then again, only Mechanical Physics. I never understood Eletromagnetism, I thought it surreal. Then I came across Relativism and I enjoyed it. Indeed, it looks more like sci-fi literature than Physics. I've always liked sci-fi.

It began with Astronomy, really. I even owned a telescope. Then there came Star Trek, Asimov, Herbert. But what I really like is not sci-fi, its fiction in general. Impossible fiction, as I say it. I think it's called 'fantasy' or 'fantastical', I'm not sure. It's the kind of fiction that begins quite plainly, down-to-earth, and then introduces, little by little, in such a subtle manner you don't even notice it, the impossible. Before you realise, you're already believing in the supernatural, only to be faced again with reality - yes, because the author throws you back to it, making it as if it was all some product of your imagination. And it was, really. Maupassant's style.

I gotta finish reading his stories.

© Copyright 2005 Iblis Lux (UN: iblislux at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Iblis Lux has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375662-Reviewing-again