*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376343-WDC-and-random-stuff
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1015371
The rambles, rants and raves of a writing newbie.
#376343 added September 30, 2005 at 7:06am
Restrictions: None
WDC... and random stuff.
How very interesting! WDC reminds you to write in your blog! Wow, I've never seen anything like that. Indeed, it's been... what, 1 Day 9 Hours 51 Minutes since I last wrote in here. But if you consider that I spent most of the day out yesterday, listening to a very heated - and exhausting - debate, then you'll understand me. To make matters worse, I forgot to close the curtains when i went to sleep, so today I woke up earlier than I needed to because of the sunlight on my face. Spring seems to arrive at last.

I like spring and autumn, very mild seasons. Winter's just so cold I'd gladly sleep through it. It's a terrible season, you feel despondent and weary all the time, and you can hardly read - or write - anything. It's much like a curse. The good thing about winter is wearing lots of warm clothes and curling in front of the TV with a hot cocoa mug. As to summer, I dislike it as well. In fact, my dislike of it borders on aversion. It's way too hot - I live in a tropical country - and you can't sleep, you can't remain still. You've got to write, to read, to rant, to go out and try to convince your friends to go out with you. And then you suddenly come to yourself and slow down, almost stopping altogether. But then you get high again, how could you not? It's summer, after all, season of the ups and downs, of lightning tempests, of torrential rain followed by unbearable heat. Ooh, the lightning tempests of summer are amazing! I love to sit by the window and count every strike, marvelling at their different colours, trying to guess where the other'll strike next. I wonder whether people who are struck down by lightning aren't forever changed. It's like dying and coming back to life. Then again, you can do it by choking on bread.

Ah, yes, winter. I love the cold, but I just hate winter. That's why I like autumn. Autumn here hasn't got yellow and red leaves, or bare trees. Autumn is the season of green. Bright green, yellow flowers and an incredibly blue sky. Lovely indeed. And spring is... well, spring. Flowers all around, warm weather, etc.

Look at the time! I gotta go. Spring is also the test season at college.

© Copyright 2005 Iblis Lux (UN: iblislux at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Iblis Lux has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376343-WDC-and-random-stuff