*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378470-Who-messed-with-the-brains-of-music-CD-companies-CEOs
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#378470 added October 10, 2005 at 5:12pm
Restrictions: None
Who messed with the brains of music CD companies' CEOs?
Once in a while, I treat myself to a music CD. Today, I came home with two CDs that were packaged so tightly, that to open them, I had to cut the wrapping with cuticle scissors (any other knife, scissor, or contraption is just too blunt).
This happens all the time, not just today. Once I manage to do away with the outer cellophane covering, the CD box is still shut tight, because somebody thought of gluing a bar code strip on one side, all along the length of the rim. It is difficult to edge the scissors' tip through that because of the strength of the glue. They made it so strong, even a hurricane wouldn't open it easily.
Not just that, several days ago, I got a gift of two CD's in one box. Usually, the middle part has a loose flap and one can get to both CDs. Not that time. They had one side of the middle flap stuck--I suspect glued--to the bottom lid. I had to ask my son to take it out. Even he couldn't manage to do it without breaking the box, and he has CDs galore. He should know.
If these people are so concerned about shoplifting, why don't they have the cashier hand the CDs to the customer? At least, they wouldn't discourage eager customers away.
Well, the silver lining is, the boxes and the packaging may be rotten, but the music is great. Just for the wild beast. *Laugh* Already, it is calming me down, since I have been playing my new CDs as I was writing this entry.

Poets' Practice Pad  [18+]
Write poetry from prompts just for the fun of it; formal or free verse, you pick.
by Joy


© Copyright 2005 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378470-Who-messed-with-the-brains-of-music-CD-companies-CEOs