*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379267-Ducks-on-Display
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#379267 added April 23, 2014 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Ducks on Display.
Blame Nada for this entry; she started it with the introduction of Delphine to her blog. lol She expressed an interest in my flat ducks, so below without further ado are the flat triplet dudes that hang about on the wall.

It seemed a waste to just get the camera out for one shot, so I thought my other bathroom ducks deserved a bit of exposure too. As you can see, they are of mixed breeds and all come from different backgrounds but they all get along just fine.

There's Dunkum the plug duck, Different the green potty dude, Dabwash the glove flannel, Dishy the soap holder and Discoloured the tub floater.

And you have to give the little guy a tug when you enter the bathroom to illuminate it. Goes by the name of Delightpull. *Laugh*

I know, I know, I get dafter by the minute but I'm in dire need of light relief right now. After stating 'all this and Heaven too,' yesterday, all three of our networked computers went down last night. A case of when you think things can only get better, something happens to prove you wrong. Thankfully, back in action today, though some of you perhaps wish they weren't. lol

Been to the hospital this morning which wasn't too pleasant. We were shunted into a side room on arrival as we suspect they'd had a death on the ward. Dad's consultant was very pleasant and explained a few things to us. Hypertension is the main problem, but he now has a chest infection and a stomach upset. Understandably, he's very weak and tired and will be moved early next week to a Community hospital, hopefully near our home where he'll have more specific therapy to build up his strength. It's all very distressing.

There are some factors about all this that anger, sadden and concern me but it's a long, long story and this is maybe not the time or place to tell it. But one day it will come out of my heart, be it a factual piece or part of a story. Right now, it's too painful to write.

So, I'll stop my rambling and get ready to take the twin stepgrandsons for a walk. And then to mothers. Talk about the two extremes of age; thank goodness for you mid-life people!







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379267-Ducks-on-Display