*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379692-Travel-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#379692 added October 16, 2005 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Travel Plans
For the events of the day just see any other day over the last ten. Same old, same old, so little to report.

However, talk and thoughts have turned to travel recently and I'm starting to wonder. You may think I'm cheeky daft for asking this, but I'm only putting out feelers. My son, his friend and his friend's girlfriend (say that when you've had a few lol) are planning doing a lot of travelling, starting September 2006. He visited Australia a few years ago and loved it, but this time they plan on travelling for a lot longer and visiting as many countries as possible. They have saved a lot towards this trip and hope to supplement their passage by working along the way. They have made serious and sensible plans and are now trying to find as much accomodation with people we know as possible. I've already found several stop off points for them in Australia and possibly New Zealand.

Last night he asked if anyone I know would be prepared to put them up in America (or anywhere else for that matter). Obviously, they'd pay their way and I can vouch for them being great people. I know it's a lot to ask of people I've never met and it's a long time still, but if anyone could help or suggest the best places to stay, I'd be very grateful.

Yesterday, I had an e-mail from one of my newly found cousins in California. He's said we are welcome to stay with them at any time, which I find touching. I'm sure they'll put my son and friends up should they travel to that area. Much as I don't like thinking too far into the future, some friends of ours here are travelling to the States in 2007 and have asked us to join them. I've not seriously contemplated it before, but recent events are making me wonder if it's time to do things before it's too late. We shall see, but I'm starting to think I may just manage to see my birthplace after all. God willing, who knows what lies ahead? For now, I leave it to fate, destiny, karma or whatever you wish to call it.



© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/379692-Travel-Plans