*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380190-May-4-2005-laurencia
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
May 4, 2005: laurencia

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Noticing Newbies Newsletter is geared to help new members get acquainted with Writing.com -- there is so much do and all the features can be overwhelming! Our goal is to help new members make their time here more fun and manageable. Each week we will showcase new authors items (poetry, short story, polls, etc.). Exposure for each member's writing will help bring more rates and reviews for their work, and by bringing more member interaction to the member, that will give them the opportunity to build friendships with other members, as long as they reciprocate reviews and conversation -- remember, it is a two way street.


"There's someone that you haven't already met, go introduce yourself to him or her. Walls and labels can't keep you from the people who are so similar to you in spirit. There's a friendly face behind every door if you pick the right moment to knock. Once you start your wave of creative outreach, it turns into a contagious force. People are waking up and smiling at each other, sharing their dreams without hesitation. This community is worth something."

-- Author Unknown

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor


PRODUCT REVIEWS


Not only does Writing.com offer its members product reviews, the product reviews are given by Writing.com members!

A product review is a thorough critique of a product, such as books, DVDs, music, software, videos and video games. The review is given by the person who has listened, read or watched the product and therefore is able to tell other people about the product.

By reading a product review you can decide whether or not you want to buy the product. You can find out the rate of the overall quality or usefulness of the product or how the product compares to other products.

You can meet authors at W.C. by reading product reviews, and if you like what they have reviewed, you have something similar to talk about...good way to meet people.

To find product reviews, go to the top left side of the screen, click on "Item Jumps" and scroll down to "Product Reviews".

A great feature of product reviews is you can review a product yourself! Reviewing products is good practice for your writing and also a good opportunity to get some reading in. To be a talented writer, it is essential to read alot, so start reviewing!

To critique your own products, the "Product Review" folder is located in your port under the large portfolio icon and the start date of your account, between "Table of Contents" and "My Blog".

[[ Product review #107981 does not exist. ]] is a product review I completed a few months ago. It will give you the following information:

(Rated: E)
Product Type: Book
Review Content Rated: E
Reviewed By: Laurencia (74)
Review Creation Date: 02-25-05 6:53pm
Review Last Modified: 03-01-05 3:11pm
ASIN: 1582972907 (found inside the book cover)
PR_ID: #107981


If you click on the picture of the product, in this case a book, you will get a more in-depth review on the following:

Illustrations / Photographs:
Author's Writing Style:
Author's Writing Style:
Usefulness:
Overall Quality:
Summary of this Book...
This type of Book is good for...
I especially liked...
I didn't like...
When I finished reading this Book I wanted to...
This Book made me feel...
The author of this Book...
I recommend this Book because...
I don't recommend this Book because...
Further Comments...

I have plugged this review in an on-going contest I am hosting, so it has served well as a recommended resource book for writers who are looking to become published.

Until next time...
** Image ID #693142 Unavailable **

Editor's Picks

*Star* Monthly featured newbies I have personally chosen for your enjoyment: *Star*


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#964743 by Not Available.


Poetry 3: Hear My Song  (E)
One who is totally unable to communicate sings a song of life.
#965897 by revdbob


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#951384 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#957513 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#957015 by Not Available.


Hide And Seek: The Child  (13+)
I am hiding. I like here, where it is warm and safe.
#939352 by Areida is a Pita


 A Little About Ponder  (13+)
Too Much Time On Our Minds
#949989 by Reason


 The Price of Friendship  (E)
They said friends can never be lovers. I couldn't believe you listened to them.
#959710 by spiral kinetochore


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#966736 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#966720 by Not Available.

 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

Puditat
Hi Laurencia. A nice editorial on BidClicks. I never thought of that as a topic.

Thanks Puddin!


Searching Spirit
Hello! I'm new here and have fallen in LOVE with Writing. Laurencia, I never got to thank you for your kindness! I also wanted to say I appreciate the reviews, critical or other. Thats the only way I'll learn!
God Bless All... Searching Spirit

You're very welcome Ronda. *smile*


PastVoices
Laurencia,

Another newsletter on something I still haven't tried in two years. What a dear!! Thanks for the update on Maine weather, I wish the stork hadn't gotten tired and left me here in the midwest where the weather is pretty much dull.

Thank you Nanette! I wouldn't mind some dull weather once in a while...the rain & snow get hard to take sometimes.


Reason
The time and effort that is put into this newsletter is greatly appreciated. It has made it so much easier to find my way around and to get noticed.I am impressed with the support that abounds at Writers.com.

You have greatly honored and flattered me by posting one of my pieces (the first one I posted at my port). The feeling of seeing your work chosen and posted in the "Editors Picks" is one of the most encouraging things that someone could do to support another.

I hope to be able to do half as much here as you do.

Thanks Laurencia!!

Reason

You are so sweet. It is my pleasure to help in any way I can. It makes my effort worthwhile when I hear thanks like what you have expressed.

Next week's editor is: esprit

See you June 1, 2005!

laurencia 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 10-18-05 @ 3:49pm | Modified: 10-18-05 @ 3:49pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380190-May-4-2005-laurencia