*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381311-The-Chickens-are-Coming-Home-to-Roost
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#381311 added October 23, 2005 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
The Chickens are Coming Home to Roost...
I have been very quiet about what has been going on in the News lately for a couple of reasons:

I can't believe, but I can hope that maybe finally Bush and his gang of marauding liars and theives are finally going to reap their just rewards.

With the Tom Delay indictment, maybe more everyday ordinary people will see and understand that the Bush White House has used vast amounts of money illegally to gain power and control over America.

My question is, how long will these troubled Republicans protect Bush? Don't tell me you believe that Bush did not, dose not, and never did know what his people have done, and what they are doing.

I'm worried about the health and safety of Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor who has directed the C.I.A. leak investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/22/politics/22fitzgerald.html?incamp=article_popu...
Excerp:
Mr. Fitzgerald was appointed in December 2003 by James B. Comey, then the deputy attorney general and an old friend, to investigate the disclosure in a column by Robert Novak of the identity of an undercover operative for the Central Intelligence Agency, Valerie Wilson, also referred to by her maiden name, Valerie Plame. Her husband, Joseph C. Wilson IV, a former diplomat who had traveled to Niger on behalf of the C.I.A. to check on reports that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was seeking uranium there, had publicly accused the White House of twisting the evidence to justify war against Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/21/politics/21wilkerson.html?ex=1130212800&en=751...
Excerp:
Mr. Wilkerson, a retired Army colonel and former director of the Marine Corps War College, said that in his years in or close to government, he had seen its national security apparatus twisted in many ways. But what he saw in Mr. Bush's first term "was a case that I have never seen in my studies of aberration, bastardizations" and "perturbations."

"What I saw was a cabal between the vice president of the United States, Richard Cheney, and the secretary of defense, Donald Rumsfeld, on critical issues," he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/politics/23strategy.ready.html
Excerp:
"The way in which the leak investigation is being pursued is becoming a symbol of who was right and who was wrong about the war," said Ivo H. Daalder, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who worked at the National Security Council during the Clinton administration. "The possibility of Libby being indicted, and the whole Cheney angle, is all about proving in some sense that they were wrong and therefore that those who opposed the war and never thought the intelligence was right have been proven correct."

I commend Special Prosecutor Patrick J. Fitzgerald, for his effort to get to the truth. Maybe there is still hope for America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A42104-2003D...¬Found=true
Providing a little history in regards to Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor being appointed...
Excerp:

White House spokesman Trent Duffy said Bush, who is spending the week at his Texas ranch, was informed of the decision by his staff about an hour before Comey's appearance. "The White House was not consulted on the decision," he said, adding that the Justice Department notified the White House "as a courtesy." Comey said attorneys at the State Department, the Pentagon and the CIA were also notified.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1821709,00.html
Excerp:
Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has spent 22 months investigating whether senior White House aides committed a crime by blowing the cover of spy Valerie Plame to avenge her husband Joseph Wilson's fierce criticism in 2003 of the intelligence used to justify the war in Iraq.

What is happening in the Bush White House is huge. It is difficult to read and think about - I know.

This is bigger than Clinton's lie to the Grand Jury about his affair with Monika Lewinsky, which in my opinion was just stupid.

This is bigger than Watergate.


The Bush Presidency & the Cost of War in Iraq:
http://www.ips-dc.org/iraq/quagmire/

In my opinion, the Bush White House is a vengeful, and hatefilled place. The current Republican Administration is, and has since the beginning, been the biggest National Disaster to have ever befall America. I'm hurt, ashamed, and concerned about the total lack of regard concerning Democracy.

When did America become more vested in Corporations, over the best interest of everyday American citizens?

The War in Iraq is not, and has never been about spreading Democracy throughout the Middle East. Our National Guard, our Military, have been put in harms way out of greed for money and power.

Our America has been put in grave risk, and our Constitution usurped by people seeking only money, and the power with which to obtain the money.

It angers me to think that a political machine somehow managed to delude the majority of the voters in this country. It sickens me that this has costs so many American lives.

I can only hope that somehow the evil that now occupies the White House will be stopped, and those responsible will get their just desserts, but this will not bring back the men and women who have died, and are dying.

OUR men and women in the military need to come home now. Iraq needs to be allow to find their own way.





© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381311-The-Chickens-are-Coming-Home-to-Roost