*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382677-Laneys-details
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#382677 added October 30, 2005 at 6:02pm
Restrictions: None
Laney's details
Laney walked away from the tournament with the finalist trophy in the back draw. Her first match was against a girl who had nice pace and a drop shot that wouldn’t quit. Laney often slow starts and this match was no exeption. She dropped the first set with only four games. Once the first point of the second set was played, her level of play picked up. The second game went to deuce so many times I literally lost count. Points were nice ralley – good tennis, but she was down 2 - 0. would she be able to catch up? Well, she kept at it. Kept her up her level of play and both girls switched off holding the lead. Finally, at six – all, they played a set tiebreak and laney won easily. Since they split sets, they had to play a match tiebreaker in lieu of a third set – first to ten points by two. Now, neither girl wanted to lose. They played conservatively. No drop shots, not net points. Just ground strokes. Some with pace, some lobs. Both waiting for the other girl to make the mistake. Laney walked away the winner of the match (11 – 9) whew.

Her second match was against the number one seed. By this time, I was working the desk and missed lots of it. Wes – a friend of mine, kept me informed w/ her progress.

“Her opponent has an erratic serve.” He told me. “Laney has had a few good points.”

Laney was able to get four games each set off the girl! And, she had game point twice to make it 5 – all(I saw this part) but didn’t quite do it. The few points I did see, Laney’s level was pretty good. I was happy with her performance.

Then, her third match of the day, against one of her really good friends, I barely saw. Laney was sooo tired, but won anyway 3:1.

Then, this morning, she could barely move. She didn’t play well, but had a few great points – going to the net and all. Lots of points were long ralleys – where she’d loose. I know she was just too tired. Plus, her opponent was on her game. Laney lost 1; 2. (she played better than the score shows, but still. )

Anyway, I’m really proud of her. Glad she plays tennis. Practices so hard, Loves the game.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382677-Laneys-details