*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384497
by RASM
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1028702
First book in a series about 8 teens who find stones allowing them to control nature.
#384497 added November 25, 2005 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
The Demon Celina
Chapter 14

The Demon Celina





“My God I look so fat in these jeans!” yelled Vanessa to no one. She ran over to her closet and began searching through it for something else to wear. “I need to find something that still fits me that I can wear to the movies,” she went on.

Vanessa quickly became frustrated and began throwing things out of the closet. She had thrown about fifteen shirts. She was about to throw another one when she stopped and looked at it. It was a black shirt with short sleeves. It was a little tight and in the center of the shirt, there was a fireball made of sequins.

“Yes! This is it!” shouted Vanessa in excitement. She pushed all the hangers with shirts to the side and started looking for something to wear with it. She searched relentlessly, as if she was starving and hunting for a piece of food. Vanessa nearly fell down. She pulled out a fiery red mini-skirt and uttered a cry of excitement.

She reached down to the floor of the closet and pulled out her black sandal-like high heeled shoes. Vanessa quickly changed clothes and put on her shoes. She grabbed her red purse and burst out of the door.

Vanessa hurriedly ran down the stairs in her house and walked outside. She was greeted by a beautiful wind on a nice, relaxing day in Hawaii. “I love living here,” said Vanessa with a big grin on her face. She went around the corner of her house and pulled a set of keys out of her pocket. She pressed a button and she heard the doors of her new mustang convertible unlock. She stepped inside and started her car.

Vanessa put her purse in the seat next to her and released the hinges on both sides of the roof. She pressed a button and instantly, the roof began to retract and recede to a pocket behind the back seat. Vanessa reached for her purse and pulled out her sunglasses and placed them on her face. She fixed her hair and began to pull out of the driveway.

“Oops, almost forgot,” said Vanessa as she pulled her seatbelt over her body and inserted it into the buckle making a “click” sound. She finished pulling out of the driveway and drove off toward the mall to go meet up with a guy she had been talking to.

After getting two red lights in a row, Vanessa turned on her radio and searched for the proper station. “Oh My God!” shrieked Vanessa in excitement, “This is my jam!” Vanessa continued driving and singing the words to the song as loud as she could, “Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don’t you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Don’t cha…”

A good twenty minutes went by before she finally arrived at the mall. She barely had to drive around to look for parking. She found the perfect spot right next to where the handicapped spaces are. She sealed the roof on her red convertible and began to walk towards the mall entrance.

When she entered the mall, she removed her glasses and flipped her light brown hair to make sure every guy in the near area noticed her. Vanessa placed her glasses behind her head and prepared herself for all the guys that would walk up to her and try to ask her out on a date.

The first guy, a skater walked up to her and said, “So what’s your name?” Vanessa reacted sharply and said in reply, “Get lost loser, I have a boyfriend.” At this, all the guys walking behind her instantly stopped and walked in the opposite direction. Vanessa looked forward and smiled with slight malice.

Vanessa continued to walk toward the food court when she heard, “Vane!” She turned her head to see who had called her name. “Nicole! Hey how are you doing?” asked Vanessa walking toward a table where a slightly tan girl sat with dark hair.

“Vanessa, what are you doing here?” asked Nicole as Vanessa took a seat at the table where Nicole was eating a Cinnabon.

“I was going to meet up with Alejandro here. We are going to go see a movie,” said Vanessa beginning to blush.

“Does he have any hot friends?” asked Nicole jumping in excitement.

“How am I supposed to know?” questioned Vanessa in reply, “I have only been seeing him for a week.”

“That’s right,” responded Nicole with a stupid look on her face, her brown eyes looking at the ceiling.

“Well, I have to go. I need to wait for Alejandro in front of the box office,” stated Vanessa as she got up out of her seat and headed for the theatre, “Nice to see you again though Nicole, I will tell you how it goes.”

Vanessa walked at a slow relaxed pace towards the box office. When she arrived there she found Alejandro standing there in his Ecko shirt, Ecko jeans, and his Ecko cap. Vanessa approached him and said, “Someone thinks he is a thug.”

“Baby,” started Alejandro, “Do you really need to say that about me?” He went up to her and gave her kiss on her forehead.

“Did you already get the tickets?” asked Vanessa inquisitively.

“Yep,” answered Alejandro simply.

“So what movie are we going to watch?” asked Vanessa getting a little upset seeing as she was the one doing most of the talking.

“Constantine,” said Alejandro.

Vanessa’s face became grim. She started yelling at Alejandro, “WHAT? Are you kidding me? I hate scary movies! Why did you buy tickets to see one?”

“Baby, baby, calm down. It is a good movie. All my dawgs have told me it was good and that you are going to like it,” said Alejandro trying to calm down Vanessa.

“Bull! You just wanted to see this movie because it is an action flick. That is the only reason. Do not try to tell me that you wanted to see it because it is supposed to be a good movie. I would’ve preferred seeing any movie to that,” said Vanessa loosing her cool.

“Even the Winnie the Pooh movie with the elephant?” asked Alejandro cautiously.

“YES EVEN THAT!” shouted Vanessa. “Whatever, it’s too late now. We are going to watch your stupid movie, but if you think I am OK with you being such a pain, then you are wrong, very wrong.”

Vanessa grabbed her ticket out of Alejandro’s hand and stormed into the theatre leaving him behind. Alejandro hurried after her trying to keep his pants up as he jogged his way to her side. The ticket person ripped their tickets and they entered the theatre.

“She said our theatre was to the right, right?” asked Alejandro following Vanessa.

“Shut up you idiot,” said Vanessa angrily, “If you were listening, and you obviously were not, you would’ve noticed that she said that our theatre was to the left.”

They walked into the room showing Constantine. They sat in the center of the theatre. As the movie started, Alejandro tried to lift the armrest between them, but Vanessa quickly slammed it down. They watched about half an hour of the movie without saying a word to each other.

Out of nowhere someone yelled, “FIRE! The building is on fire!” Everyone in the theatre heard this and ran out of the building. Once outside, Vanessa looked to see where the fire was.

The fire was close to the parking lot, but spreading towards the mall quickly. Vanessa looked up into the sky for no apparent reason and saw something that made her face almost turn completely white.

Floating above the building was a tall auburn hair colored girl that looked like she was in her late teens, early twenties. She looked completely normal except for the fact that she was floating above the theatre, she had bat wings growing out of her back, and she was dressed in something similar to long, old rags.

“Wow, it looks like that thing just came out of the movie,” said Alejandro in awe, but Vanessa was smart. She looked at the creature and noticed that it had jewelry all over it. Piercings, bracelets, anklets, you name it, she had it. The only thing missing though was a necklace.

Vanessa quickly remembered her friend Nick. He had a necklace that looked like the jewelry the creature was wearing. “Oh my god, she is spreading the fire,” said Vanessa in shock. “Alejandro, get everyone away from here right now,” said Vanessa with an extremely serious look on her face.

Alejandro did not hesitate or ask questions. He simply ran screaming causing a mob of panic to form, but at least everyone was going away from the building. Vanessa spread her legs about a foot apart and lowered her purse from her shoulder into her hand. She looked straight at the creature and said in a low voice, “Game on.”

“Hey!” shouted Vanessa up towards the sky. She got no reaction from the creature so she shouted again, “Hey you! Up above the theatre!” This got a reaction. The creature looked down and flew down landing only a few feet in front of Vanessa.

Vanessa gripped her purse tighter and asked carefully, “Who are you and why are you burning down the building?” The creature looked down at Vanessa with deep red eyes that seemed like they themselves were burning. It smiled and said, “I am Celina, a demon. I am the leader of eight demons, me being one of them, that control elements. I am destroying this building because it seemed like a good target to start off with.”

“Target for what?” asked Vanessa curiously, not loosening her grip on her purse.

“Well, I am trying to destroy this world you live in dear. You have to start somewhere and I am starting here. So if you would just leave me alone,” said the demon, “it would be great.”

Celina began to turn around and was about to take off when Vanessa said daringly, “You are not going anywhere without first getting through me.”

“Wow, I have to give you credit for your courage, but do you really think you can take me on. I mean, look at you,” said Celina laughing.

“Looks can be deceiving,” said Vanessa with a small grin growing on the side of her face.

“Alright then, you have yourself a challenge. The first to kill the other one wins. No rules,” said Celina, “Got it?”

Vanessa hesitated, but soon her eyes stared directly into those of Celina fiercely. She said, “I’m game.” At this Celina smiled. Celina lifted up her hand. A fireball began to form. Celina threw it at Vanessa. Vanessa dodged by leaning left. Vanessa ran at Celina and swung her purse at the demon.

“Ooof,” said Celina as she got hit by the purse. “What do you keep in that thing?” asked Celina in utter confusion and anger.

“Every smart, careful girl keeps a brick in her purse in case worse come to worst,” said Vanessa smiling. She went at Celina again. Celina flew into the air, but Vanessa jumped and hit one of the demon’s legs with her purse.

“That is it. Enough of battling you,” said Celina with an angry and annoyed look on her face, “It is time for the rest of this building to get burned to the ground!” Celina flew up into the sky. Vanessa made a feeble attempt to stop Celina, but she was cast aside.

Celina floated in the sky nearly motionless. In both of her palms grew small balls of fire. She held them up in the air and threw each of them to the other ends of the mall. They hit the mall and immediately, the ends of the mall where people were escaping erupted in flames.

“NO!” shouted Vanessa angrily and feeling the pain of the people beginning to burn alive in the mall. Vanessa took a few steps back, lifted her arm, and threw her purse, loaded with a brick, up at Celina who was laughing in approval of burning of the people. Her purse seemed to have soared towards Celina for nearly eternity. During this time, the cries of the people grew louder and the scent of burning flesh was beginning to fill the air.

The purse hit right on the mark. Celina turned her face, which now had an irritated look on it, and pointed her finger at Vanessa shaking her head. Celina flew down rapidly at Vanessa. Vanessa ran as if her life depended on it, for in reality it did.

Celina quickly caught up to Vanessa and hit her with the back of her arm sending Vanessa flying through the air. Vanessa hit a set of sliding glass doors leading into the mall and fell on the ground. She continued to skid on the floor of the mall. Vanessa finally stopped. She looked around, dazed and disoriented, and realized that she was soon going to be engulfed by flames. She ran towards the sliding glass doors she came in, but Celina had blocked the entrance with certain debris.

“Help! Help! Someone, please help me!” shouted Vanessa. She began to cough as she began to inhale smoke. “Help! Help!” Vanessa cried. She ran throughout the mall looking for another exit, but to no avail. Every known exit to her was blocked by a raging fire.

As time passed, the fire began to encompass her. It kept getting hotter and her breathing became shallower. Vanessa was struggling to stay alive. In a manner of seconds, she would be dead. She would either die from smoke inhalation, severe burns, or both. The smoke soon became too much for Vanessa and she keeled over.

Vanessa lay on the ground struggling to keep her eyes open. “Vanessa, I’m coming!” shouted a voice, but it seemed so distant to her. Vanessa felt two strong arms reach for her body and lift her up.

Vanessa felt her body get cooler and through all the smoke, she could see a faint red glow. The fire seemed to be receding from Vanessa. Whoever was carrying her carried her to an exit of the mall, and they were left unharmed. The man who carried Vanessa set her down. Vanessa coughed hard. After she had finished, she looked up at her savior. She recognized the curly brown hair and tan skin. It was Nick.

“Nick!” shouted Vanessa coughing, “This demon thing is burning down the mall. You have to stop her.” Nick looked at her seriously and said, “I know. Try to stay away from the mall. You cannot help anyone. I tried, but everyone is already dead…”

Vanessa just stared at Nick for several seconds. A tear rolled down her eye, which was then followed by another and another. Soon enough, she was sobbing on the floor hitting the floor with her fist screaming, “WHY? WHY?” over and over again.

“Don’t worry Vanessa, I will make her wish she had never been born,” said Nick looking up at Celina flying around the mall and making the fire spread to other parts of the island.
© Copyright 2005 RASM (UN: rasm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RASM has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384497