*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386875-Just-Wondering-Am-I-in-a-bitchy-mood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#386875 added November 18, 2005 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Just Wondering... Am I in a bitchy mood?
After reading the story at the following link, will someone tell me who hired this guy, and why is whoever hired this guy not being investigated, and prosecuted right along with him?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/18/international/middleeast/18reconstruct.html?pa...

ON THE CONTINUED MORAL DECAY OF SOCIETY

Prostitution has been considered illegal for as long as I can remember, but it was always the Prostitutes taking the heat. I've always believed that the Law of Supply and Demand drives the market - any market, legal or not.

I guess most people, especially women, think the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) was a “Good Thing” – NOT ME. The ERA then legally made us, women, equal to men. Any of us seeking non-traditional employment, in a male dominated field, fast became “The Token Woman”.

As I see it, Pimps and Madams have always been equal. We didn’t need the ERA to bring equality into that situation now, did we?

I have often said, and been severely chastised for saying, “Some of the best whores I’ve ever known were married.”

As you read the following link, think about who is going to be in need of the new services being offered in Nevada.

http://cbs4boston.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_321000838.html

In regards to the following link:

And here is part of the problem with being convicted of a crime, and serving time in prison:

Tax dollars are spent on sting operations conducted by police, and more tax dollars go to pay the salaries of District Attorneys. Lots more tax dollars are spent to house people convicted of crimes. And in the end, those convicted of crimes against society come out of prison, write books, and make more money off of their life of crime than they were making while living a life of crime. Martha Stewart doesn’t seem to have any regrets either, just like Heidi Fleiss.

In Heidi Fleiss’s own words:
Quote:
"I don't regret what I did at all. It's consensual sex,"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/28/cnn25.tan.fleiss/

In desperate search of MANKINDS REDEEMING VALUE:

I’m going to go out today and buy John McCain’s book, "Character Is Destiny”: I read the book contains, “Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember." McCain is said to tell 34 stories of heroes whose lives embody qualities ranging from honesty and loyalty to curiosity and enthusiasm.

I’m wondering if there are any of my contemporaries in the book?


More later…
Sincerely,
The Critic

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/386875-Just-Wondering-Am-I-in-a-bitchy-mood