*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387554-NOTICE-WritingCom-was-offline-from-1030-am-thru-12-noon
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#387554 added November 21, 2005 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
[NOTICE] Writing.Com was offline from 10:30 am thru 12 noon
Greetings Members,

Writing.Com's primary database server experienced a hard drive failure at approximately 10:30am this morning. The attempted recovery of this drive did not go as smoothly, so by 12:00 Noon EST, all database functions were moved to 1 of our 4 "secondary" database servers. At that time, Writing.Com was re-opened for public use.

No data was lost due to this outtage. All of Writing.Com's data is mirrored amongst a total of 5 servers. The downtime is attributed to our attempt to repair the primary database server drive array and, when this did not work as quickly as we would have liked, to then make preparations and implement a change of our primary database server to one of our secondary servers.

Currently, a problem still exists with our "Who's Online" and "IM User List" functions. We are dilligently working to correct this problem and we expect to have it resolved by the end of the day today.

We appologize for any inconvenience the 90 minutes of downtime and the current user list outtages may cause or have caused.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support!
~~SM


The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Merit Badges
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on giving your  25,000 th   Merit Badge!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support


© Copyright 2005 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387554-NOTICE-WritingCom-was-offline-from-1030-am-thru-12-noon