*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387577
by RASM
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1028702
First book in a series about 8 teens who find stones allowing them to control nature.
#387577 added November 25, 2005 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
Water Sais
Chapter 21

Water Sais





“Step aside human,” said Mark.

“In order to get to the city, you will have to go through me first. By the way, I think I might have something you want,” said Kemelly inspecting her stone.

“Oh, why you have the water stone,” stated Mark curiously.

“Yes, and I wager it in a battle. If you lose, then, I do not know what will happen to you, but it will happen.”

“I agree,” said Mark, his face beginning to look anxious.

“Well then, try this on for size!” shouted Kemelly sending a large and powerful current at the demon. Mark dodged by swimming to the surface of the ocean. He then proceeded to fly out of the water and into the air.

“Someone seems a little scared,” said Kemelly using a baby voice mocking the demon. She then shot out from the water. She flew through the air, but was caught by a pillar of water. The water was coming out at such a speed that it held her up allowing her to stand up.

Kemelly landed on the demon’s back and held on for her life. Mark began to fly in loops and in tight twists trying to knock Kemelly off of his back, but Kemelly didn’t budge an inch.

“GET HER OFF ME!” shouted the demon to seemingly no one. Kemelly thought nothing of it, but from nowhere, a stream of high pressured water hit Kemelly making her release her grip and fall off into the water screaming for help.

A large wave came and picked her up. The wave became larger and more powerful. It launched Kemelly up at Mark enabling her to grab a hold of him once more. This time a very large wave began to build up and approach both Kemelly and Mark.

“Bet you weren’t expecting this,” said Kemelly with a big grin on her face right before the wave crashed down on top of both of them pushing them to the bottom of the ocean. Mark landed on his stomach which kept Kemelly from getting hurt. She swam away from the demon and floated in the water.

“A whirlpool should keep you from doing anything for a while,” said Kemelly unsure of whether it really was going to do anything to the demon. She then began to see the sand on the ocean floor swirl around Mark.

The grains of sand began to twist and turn a lot faster and the whirlpool began to toss Mark around. Kemelly swam left Mark in the whirlpool and picked up some of Kristen’s arrows that she left on the ocean bottom.

She lifted them up and threw them at the whirlpool. She used a small, but strong current to add power to her throw. Only two arrows out of five hit Mark, for he only screamed twice.

Kemelly then swam towards the city to find Kristen and the Sirens. She was about to reach the city gates when her face was forced into the sand in the ocean by an unseen force. Kemelly then began to choke on sand particles and couldn’t breathe. Her stone glowed and she looked up towards the surface.

The surface and sunlight began to become more vivid. She realized her plan had worked. The water was starting to make a hole in the ocean down to where she was. Kemelly began to stand up and when she stood up completely, her body broke the surface of the water and she was able to take a breath. The water around her then began to spread out making the hole even bigger with her standing in the center.

She looked at the large walls around her that ended a couple of hundred feet above her, where the water should be. Kemelly couldn’t help but feel like Moses parting the Red Sea. She continued to look at the amazing power which she controlled. She then noticed out of the corner of her eye a flash of darkness in the water.

Before Kemelly could do anything, she was pushed right back into the ocean and away from the amazing hole she created in the ocean. She looked back to where she was once standing and noticed that Mark was standing there now.

“I wonder how it feels to have thousands of gallons of water dropped on you at one instant,” inquired Kemelly staring directly at Mark and the hole she created in the ocean. Her stone glowed and she heard a loud thunderous roar. She looked up toward the surface and saw the walls of water she made creating the hole collapse inward and onto Mark.

Kemelly swam to the surface and moved quickly thanks to the help of a current she created in order to avoid the massive undertow that would be created by the water going back to where it belonged. When she was close to the surface, she made the current even stronger pushing her upward at an even faster pace.

Kemelly shot out of the water with a large pillar of water holding her up above the crashing waves where the amazing feat she created once stood. She stared down into the ocean and wondered if anyone could have survived the downfall of the massive waves. She decided that it would be almost impossible for even Mark to have survived, but yet she waited.

Nothing came so Kemelly turned around and began to walk on the water towards Atlantis. As she was walking, she saw beneath her a large dark shadow. “Wonderful,” said Kemelly to herself. She stepped back and awaited the demon’s attack.

Mark came from behind and put Kemelly in a headlock. He then proceeded to push Kemelly under the water. He pushed her deeper and deeper. Kemelly would scream, but all that would happen was she would lose air. Her eyes stung and her lungs burned. She tried to command her stone to do something, but she wasn’t thinking straight. All she could think about was the enormous amounts of pain she was in. She tried to make a current pull them apart, but it would barely even form.

Her soul, heart, and brain were not controlling her anymore. It was her pain. She needed help soon. Kemelly couldn’t take it much longer. Right when she was about to give in she heard a noise. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!”

Mark released her and held his hands to his ears in pain. Kemelly smiled. She remembered the scream. It was Kayla’s scream. Kemelly could make out Kayla’s shape in the ocean. Mark began to swim toward Kayla. From one of the rocks nearby, Megan came up from behind him and drove her nails into his back. They began a fight of raw power.

Kemelly felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Alexandra floating there behind her. “Kemelly take this,” said Alexandra opening her hand revealing a strange looking pill.

“What does it do?” asked Kemelly.

“It let’s you hold your breath a lot longer.”

“Does it wear off?”

“Well on the people they have tested it on, it hasn’t expired.”

“Good then,” said Kemelly. She grabbed the pill and swallowed it. She then swam to the surface as fast as she could. She took a breath and felt completely re-energized. Kemelly then swam back down to help them beat the demon.

When Kemelly arrived, she found Megan fighting furiously with Mark. Megan would swim around him at an extreme speed and dig her nails into his back and tear flesh from his body. Megan looked up at Kemelly and quickly nodded her head. When Megan turned her head back to look at the demon, she came face to face with a very angry, vicious looking demon.

Mark lifted his arm and grabbed Megan by the throat causing Megan to scream with pain. Mark’s grip on Megan loosened enough for her to escape thanks to the help of a current created by Kemelly. “Megan, Kayla, Alexandra, I want you to get lost. This is MY fight,” said Kemelly looking at the sirens with a serious stare. They stared back, bowed their heads and swam away.

“Hey ugly! If you want my stone, you will have to get it from me!” shouted Kemelly at the demon as she began to swim toward the surface once again. She made a pillar of water for her to stand on again and watched as Mark rose up in front of her a mere twenty feet away.

“You know, I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeves,” said Kemelly. The water in front of her began to rise up into an unusual shape and would continue shifting and shaping into something. After a few moments, it became evident that Kemelly had created a dragon out of the water.

“Let me see you take this on,” said Kemelly as the dragon began to sink into the water. From the demon’s left, the head of the dragon came up and struck him with high water pressure. It went back down only to reemerge from behind him and strike him again with the water at a high pressure. Mark didn’t just stand there. He created two large pillars of water at his sides that kept twisting and turning.

Meanwhile, the dragon continued to rise from the water and strike him with a lot of water at high pressure from the right and then from the front. Mark then lowered his head and stared at Kemelly. All of his jewelry glowed and his eyes glistened. The two pillars that formed next to him became much thinner and headed straight for Kemelly.

Kemelly tried to move, but wasn’t fast enough. The water began to hit her face and began to flow into her body through her nose and mouth. “Now experience true pain!” shouted Mark with a very malicious grin on his face. The water began to rise up and down continually within Kemelly’s throat keeping her from breathing. She began to swallow water and take water into her lungs. She then fell from her pillar of water. The pillar and the dragon then began to fade back into the ocean from whist they came.

When Kemelly fell into the ocean, even more water began to pour into her body. She couldn’t breathe at all and began to gag, but couldn’t regurgitate because of the fast flow of the water. Kemelly’s mind was racing trying to figure out a way to save herself, but too much happened too quickly. She couldn’t think or react, she couldn’t do anything.

Just when she was about to give up all hope, her stone began to glow and the parts that were once sharp as knives holding it in place pulled away from the stone and seemed to open up like a flower.

When this happened, all the water inside her body left it and the water within a five foot radius around her moved away making a small pocket of air inside the ocean. She took a much needed breath of air and then proceeded to cleanse her body from all the salt water by regurgitating.

After that, she looked at the pocket she created in the ocean. Only then did she notice two wings protruding from her back that were folded up. She spread her wings and the water receded to make room for them. She then imagined herself flying up to the surface and her wings began to flap taking her to the surface again. Kemelly also created a large whole in the ocean like she had done only minutes earlier linking her to the surface.

Kemelly flapped her wings and flew up to the surface feeling reenergized and ready to go. She found Mark flying over the water looking for her body so that he could steal her stone. “Sorry to tell you this Mark!” shouted Kemelly, “I am still alive and there is no way you are getting my stone!”

The demon stared at Kemelly and her large wings made of water and resembling the wings of a falcon. Kemelly then leveled her body to be parallel with the ocean and then began to flap her wings flying ever closer to Mark. Mark stared at her with long eyes and began to fly directly at her. They were heading for a collision, head-on.

When they were so close that in one flap of either of their wings they would hit, water rose up from in front of Kemelly and hit Mark in the eyes. Kemelly flew upwards and let Mark fly in the direction of where she once was. She turned around and flew after him. After the demon’s eyes were clear, he looked back at and noticed that Kemelly was chasing him.

As soon as Kemelly noticed he turned around, a large wall of water rose in front of Mark slowing him down just enough for Kemelly to catch him. She grabbed him by the leg and was about throw him into the water when he turned around and instead grabbed her in a bear hug.

Mark squeezed her tight and began to fly up high in the sky. When he reached a high enough altitude, he turned his body so that he and Kemelly’s heads were facing the ocean. The demon then flapped his wings for a little bit and then stopped. Gravity took over. It began to pull them both down towards the ocean and a possible death. “Stop it!” shouted Kemelly, “You’ll kill us both and then neither of us can have the stone!”

The demon wouldn’t listen and continued to fall downward with Kemelly in tow. As they came closer and closer, Kemelly realized that he was not going to stop and that they were going to hit the water. Hitting the water from such a height would definitely kill Kemelly, but she didn’t know if it would kill Mark.

They finally came extremely close to the ocean and Kemelly came up with an idea. They were about to hit the ocean, when Kemelly’s stone glowed and the portion of the ocean they were about to hit began to ‘sink’ into the ocean itself.

Hitting the ocean at a slant made it not hurt as much, but when Mark let go of Kemelly, she lied there floating in the ocean powerless and unable to move. She saw Mark approaching her and reaching out to grab her stone, when it began to glow very brightly. From the bottom of the stone, a little key chain seemed to appear.

Hanging at the bottom of the little chain hung a three pronged knife. The middle part of the knife was the longest with two more blades coming up from the side only half as long as the middle blade. The bright light caused Mark to step back, but the light healed Kemelly and awoke her. She swam quickly to the bottom of the ocean and grabbed two of Kristen’s arrows that were left lying on the ground. She pulled them over her head and realized that they had changed shape.

The two arrows had become just like the figure hanging at the bottom of her stone. Kemelly looked at them and realized that the blades seemed to be made of water, or at least they were on the inside. “Wow, I feel just like Elektra from the movie Daredevil,” Kemelly said to herself in awe.

Mark recovered from the bright light and swam down to attack Kemelly. She saw him coming just in time and flipped the blades around so they could run alongside her forearm. She then stopped his attacks with the blades while they rested on her arms. Mark continued to try to attack, but they failed to even damage Kemelly.

Kemelly pushed him back after an attack and then said, “Now, its time for you to lose this battle.” She moved the blades into her hands and then went in to attack the demon. She swam past him and cut him with the side blades. The demon collapsed and began to shout in pain. She swam up behind him, grabbed the handle of her weapons and drove them into the demon where his wings connect with his back. The demon lifted his head and shouted in pain before collapsing once again.

Kemelly pulled her weapons from the demon’s back and took several steps back away from him. “Oh wow, Kemelly, nice weapons,” said a voice from behind Kemelly. She turned around to find Kayla, Alexandra, Megan, and Kristen sitting on top of a coral rock.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked Kemelly.

“Well, we just wanted to make sure you were alright,” said Kayla.

“And if anything were to happen to you,” said Alexandra.

“We would bail you out,” said Megan.

“So, where did you get those sais Kemelly?” asked Kristen curiously.

“Oh that is what they are called?” asked Kemelly, “Well, they just appeared when I picked up two of your arrows, but I think that it also has to do with the fact that my stone has this new thingy hanging from the bottom of it.”

“That’s good. Now Kemelly, you have to go back and stop whoever unleashed the demons, once and for all,” said Alexandra with a serious look on her face.

“Oh and you might want to take this too,” said Kayla lifting up rock from the ground.

“That looks like the water tablet piece,” said Kemelly curiously, “Oh and where did Mark go? I understand now. He became IS the tablet piece.”

“What are you going to do with his ring,” asked Megan picking up a piece of Mark’s jewelry that didn’t stay with him. When she held it up for the others to see, it dissolved into thousands of small pieces and went into the northwest part of the ocean.

“Well I guess I should be going,” said Kemelly opening her wings and ‘flying’ up to the surface of the ocean. “Bye you guys and thanks for everything,” said Kemelly with a large smile on her face that faded right after she exited the ocean. She now had to focus on getting ready to defeat David. She had to get ready to defeat someone who had killed an angel.
© Copyright 2005 RASM (UN: rasm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RASM has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387577