*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387581-Death-of-a-Relationship
by RASM
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1028702
First book in a series about 8 teens who find stones allowing them to control nature.
#387581 added November 25, 2005 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Death of a Relationship
Chapter 23

Death of a Relationship





“I will not leave you here Jonathan,” said Brittney with an intense stare in her eyes.

“Brittney, leave. I do not want to see you get hurt again,” said Jonathan with a stare that rivaled Brittney’s.

“I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU GET HURT EITHER!” shouted Brittney starting to tear in her eyes.

“You will be safe if you leave, and now is your only chance, so go.”

“You cannot make me leave.”

“Brittney, don’t make me do anything I am going to regret.”

“YOU CANNOT MAKE ME LEAVE!” shouted Brittney now crying hysterically.

Jonathan’s stone then glowed and he shouted, “Brittney, hurry, she is close, she caused an earthquake!” which in reality, he started. Brittney unlocked the door of her car and Jonathan hopped out. Brittney put the car in drive and drove off, but not very far away.

“I am not leaving you Jonathan! I am going to stop her from the bushes!” shouted Brittney as she drove off. Almost as soon as he lost sight of Brittney, Rachel appeared into his range of vision.

The demon stopped several feet in front of Jonathan and caught sight of the stone hanging around his neck. “So, that girl never really did have the stone. GIVE IT TO ME!” demanded Rachel.

“The only way I will let you have this stone is if you, is if you kill me,” said Jonathan stuttering with his last five words.

“I accept,” said Rachel with a grin on her face. Just after saying this, a similar wall of rocks began to rise from the ground trapping Jonathan within them.

Jonathan’s stone glowed and the ground on which he was standing began to sink into the earth itself. He then completely disappeared from the demon’s sight. Rachel quickly flew into the hole in search of the stone. When she entered the hole, she saw a light glowing in the distance. It was getting fainter and fainter.

Rachel flapped her wings and flew down the hole and the light became now brighter and brighter. She knew she was getting close and Jonathan knew it too. He created another hole connecting to the surface and stairs to reach the top. He ran up the steps as fast as he could and then stood waiting for the demon to emerge.

He waited and she never came. Jonathan was surprised by this, but stayed waiting because he knew she was near. Just then from the ground behind him, the large beast named Rachel emerged.

She grabbed Jonathan by his arms from behind. She threw him over her head backwards. When she did this, she heard a snap. Jonathan began to scream in pain. “You broke both of my arms!” shouted Jonathan in dire pain.

Rachel then screamed in pain and Jonathan looked up and noticed that a shot had been fired at her. Brittney didn’t leave, she just moved far enough for her to still shoot her with her sniper rifle.

Jonathan managed to stand up, but with a great struggle. “Oh you are gonna pay for that,” said Jonathan with more anger than pain in his eyes. His stone glowed and from the ground, spike began to rise up quickly and began to hit Rachel, but she smashed them with a single blow.

“There is no way you can win. Get ready to die!” shouted Rachel.

“I am never going to give up so you should give up already,” said Jonathan. He ran towards Rachel and since threw a punch. The adrenaline was pumping so hard in his body that his pain was completely blocked out.

The demon lifted her arm and as he was about to hit her body, he was sent flying until he hit a small mound of rock which the demon had created. That same piece of rock broke into hundreds of pieces. They floated in the air and then began to pelt Jonathan on his back. He shouted in pain and began to bleed.

Brittney fired another shot from an invisible location which distracted the demon enough for her to stop the relentless attack. Jonathan tried to get up, but he couldn’t. All his strength had left him. He was now bleeding profusely from his back.

His stone glowed and he was lifted up by a new hill forming from where his upper body was. He leaned against the hill, but he was standing. Rachel came up to him and grabbed him by the neck. She lifted him up and said to him in an angry whisper, “I want that stone. Nothing will stop me, not you, not your feeble attacks. Nothing.”

She tightened her grip and then threw him for about fifteen yards. He yelled in more pain and as he tried to get up, the ground beneath him large spikes of rock began to come up from the ground and began to hit Jonathan. He shouted in pain, but as he was screaming, a large and very sharp one came up from the bottom and stabbed his thigh.

The rock went right through his leg braking bone and tearing muscle. He hung there by his leg as the demon began to approach him. She pulled him off of the rock and dropped him on the ground.

“Stand up!” shouted Rachel at Jonathan, “I said STAND UP!” a wide hill came up and lifted Jonathan to Rachel’s eye level. Rachel smiled and then she lifted her hand and forced it into Jonathan’s abdomen.

Jonathan’s skin ripped open and his intestines began to spill out of his body. He began to gag and from his mouth came a stream of warm blood. It began to drip from his chin and onto the demon’s foot.

“Now do you understand what I meant?” asked Rachel grabbing Jonathan by the neck with her other hand. She lifted him in the air and began to tighten her grip. With her other hand, she pushed his organs back keeping them within his body.

Jonathan struggled at first, but his fighting slowed and quickly stopped. Rachel looked at him and lowered his body slightly and then threw his lifeless body against the hill.

Brittney stared from the bushes. She looked and couldn’t comprehend what had just happened. She had a confused look on her face and was trying to take in what had just happened, but couldn’t understand it. It was too much for her to handle.

Brittney became angry. She didn’t like being confused. She reloaded her handguns and put them in the passenger’s seat of her car. The same seat Jonathan was sitting in only moments before.

Rachel leaned down and removed Jonathan’s stone from his neck. She placed it around her own and it began to glow. “Ah!” shouted Rachel, “I have never felt so much power! I am unstoppable!” She looked at her stone and her other pieces of jewelry and from beneath them now hung a hammer-like charm on a thin chain. She leaned down and picked up a stick on the ground. Her stone glowed and it was transformed into a giant hammer with spikes on the ends of it.

“YOU’RE NOT GOING TO HURT ANYONE ELSE!” shouted Brittney as she put her car in drive and drove straight at the demon. Rachel pushed off the ground and flew behind the hill and waited for Brittney to drive over the hill and hit her.

Brittney changed gears and began to go even faster. “I WILL NOT LET YOU LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY!” shouted Brittney with extreme anger in her voice. She let go of the steering wheel seeing as she was headed straight for Rachel and grabbed her handguns. She began to fire shots at Rachel. They were all direct hits, but Rachel felt nothing or didn’t seem to feel anything. She pushed harder on the accelerator. As she approached the hill, she fired more and more, but Rachel just waited patiently.

Brittney’s jeep began to go up the hill and Brittney pushed the accelerator to the floor of the car and the car lunged in mid-air at Rachel. Brittney did not stop the firing of her guns. Rachel pulled her hammer backward and swung. The hammer made contact with the car and it began to fold up, but Brittney did not stop.

Just as the car was going to crush Brittney’s legs, she was picked up by something flying in the sky and taken from the car. The creature continued to fly with Brittney in its arms. Brittney looked up and saw a blonde girl with light blue wings like those of an eagle that seemed to be made of ice.

“Don’t worry Brittney, you will be just fine,” said the creature.

“Who are you?” asked Brittney completely confused.

“My name is Jessica. I was one of Jonathan’s friends.” Jessica flew down and dropped Brittney lightly on the ground and then said, “Jonathan was too weak to defeat this demon. Now it is my turn!” When she said this, a spear appeared in her right hand with a tip made of ice. She turned around ignoring Brittney and flew off to fight Rachel.

Rachel was looking at the car when Jessica approached. “Hey stupid! She is not in the jeep anymore. I took her out of it!” shouted Jessica toward Rachel while soaring in the air. Rachel looked up and was met with several icicles flying at her face. Rachel picked up her hammer and swung shattering all the icicles.

“Who are you?” demanded Rachel.

“My name is Jessica. I am the person that defeated your friend, um what was his name?”

“What do you mean you defeated my friend?” questioned Rachel with a look of worry on her face.

“Oh! I remember his name now. His name was Anthony. He died a rather painful death, much like you will soon,” stated Jessica rather plainly.

“What?!? There is no way you would have been able to kill Anthony!”

“Well I did.” Jessica flew down after Rachel, but Rachel fled. Jessica chased her in the air and sent icicles after her. One finally hit her and slowed her down. Jessica caught up and smacked Rachel in the spine with the dull side of her spear knocking Rachel down.

She chased Rachel as she fell and stabbed her in the leg with her spear. Rachel screamed in pain and turned around and took a swing at Jessica with her hammer. Jessica pulled up her spear from Rachel’s body and stopped the hit.

When the two weapons collided, Jessica pushed against the hammer knocking Rachel off balance and with the butt of her spear, smacked Rachel across the face. Rachel fell toward the ground at such a high speed that she made a dent in the earth. Jessica dove with her spear pointing directly at Rachel’s chest. Rachel was too exhausted to move. Jessica drove the spear into Rachel’s body and twisted it as she drove it in deeper.

Jessica removed one of her hands from the spear and lifted that hand in the air. Her stone glowed and then she lowered her hand rapidly. Icicles fell from the sky in the dozens and began to hit Rachel and puncture her skin.

The icicles continued to fall and build up upon each other. A case of ice began to form around Rachel’s body. It became larger and larger, all the while Jessica stood there laughing. When the fall of icicles finally stopped, Jessica ran up the hill of ice she had formed and pushed off it. She flew into the air directly above where Rachel lay. Jessica looked down and extended her spear. Jessica dove down toward the hill of ice. She flapped her wings twice to increase her speed and then just fell down toward the hill.

Jessica locked her arms and braced herself for the impact. Jessica’s spear hit the center of the mound, but nothing happened. Jessica pulled the spear out of the ice and backed away from the hill. She put her spear into the ground next to her. Jessica lifted both her hands into the air. She looked at both her hands and then looked at where Rachel lay.

Jessica lowered her arms a little and then snapped her fingers. The ice erupted into a million pieces and with it, Rachel’s body. Pieces of ice fell to the ground everywhere. Rachel’s body or what pieces were left of it flew up into the sky and gathered into two small piles much like what happened to Anthony.

One pile turned out to be a Bermuda Tablet piece and the other one was a bracelet with seven small charms on it that were similar in color to Jonathan’s stone. “What happened to her?” said a voice coming from the bushes. Jessica turned around and saw Brittney standing there looking extremely tired.

“She is gone,” said Jessica, “All that remains of her are this Tablet Piece, which I will be taking, and this bracelet.” Jessica bent over to pick it up but was interrupted by Brittney’s words.

“Touch that bracelet and you are going to regret it,” said Brittney pointing her rifle at Jessica.

“Chill out. It’s not my fault your boyfriend wasn’t strong enough, or smart enough for that matter, to beat the demon. Actually, if it weren’t for me, you would also be dead!” said Jessica with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Brittney began to walk toward what was left of her car keeping the gun pointed at Jessica. “Take that back,” said Brittney now becoming even more hostile.

“I am not taking that back. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing you do can bring him back. He’s dead, he’s gone. He is out of the fight and because he was so weak, now we will not be able to achieve balance. We needed his stone, but he lost it.”

“TAKE THAT BACK!” shouted Brittney now extremely angry, her face flushed red. She reached into her car and began to look for something in the trunk.

“Welcome to reality Brittney. PEOPLE DIE! It was no one’s fault but his. It wasn’t my fault, and it wasn’t your fault so stop acting stupid and accept the facts. GET OVER IT!” shouted Jessica, now very annoyed with Brittney’s reaction.

“I thought I left these in here,” said Brittney to herself as she looked in her jeep, “As for you. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT KIND OF PAIN I AM GOING THROUGH!” Brittney lifted up two rock climbing picks and leaped at Jessica.

Jessica blocked the attack with her spear and pushed Brittney into the snow. “DO NOT EVEN TRY TO TALK TO ME ABOUT PAIN! WHAT YOU JUST WENT THROUGH IS NOT NEARLY AS PAINFUL AS ALMOST KILLING ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, ALMOST DYING FIVE TIMES, AND YOUR PARENTS GETTING DIVORCED!” shouted Jessica at Brittney who was now crying. Jessica grabbed Brittney and dragged her to a tree. There she stood Jessica up and pinned her against the tree with her spear.

Jessica pushed the spear against Brittney’s throat and said, “If that little bracelet is really all that important to you, you can have it, but you need to listen to me.” Brittney turned her head away from Jessica and looked in the other direction. “THIS IS SERIOUS!” shouted Jessica pushing the spear against Brittney’s throat a little harder. Brittney choked and then looked back at Jessica.

“Now,” continued Jessica, “I need to take that tablet piece with me, and you need to call the police to help you out with this mess. I will be back, I promise. Just give me a few days and I will be back with the others to help you out with the situation, but I need to get to the Bermuda Temple first and kill David.” Jessica lowered her spear and walked over to the bracelet, picked it up and threw it to Brittney. Brittney put it on immediately.

Jessica jumped and began to fly away as Brittney said, “Jessica! Wait! What do I tell the cops happened?”

Jessica turned around and said, “Tell them you were hunting and a bear attacked him.” Jessica then flapped her wings and continued to fly in the direction of the Bermuda Temple.

As she was flying, she said to herself, “Man, that girl really cared about Jonathan. She has a very strong will. She could be useful now that Jonathan is gone.”
© Copyright 2005 RASM (UN: rasm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RASM has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/387581-Death-of-a-Relationship