*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388554-Back-To-Normal
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#388554 added November 26, 2005 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Back To Normal
As are most of my fellow countrymen, I am recovering from Thanksgiving. Unlike many, I am not covered up with leftovers. Years ago I decided the best way to deal with the leftovers was to send some home with everyone. So, if you eat at my house you must take a huge tray of turkey and all the trimmings plus dessert home with you. That's the house rule.

But, it does take several days to rest up from all the cleaning and cooking. Also, a little time is needed to recover from the all day card and domino games and marathon movies and computer games. This year there were 20 of us and it's like a day at the carnival. Or zoo, take your pick.

This is a strain on me as I am basically a loner. I'm sure all my writing friends can understand this. Writing is a solitary pursuit. And, writers also like to read, and daydream and just in general stand back and watch the world and muse about it's vagaries. So, when we get thrown into a crowd of laughing joking rowdy people, we feel like we are in overload. To compensate for this I have devised a plan. I throw myself wholeheartedly into all the fun and activity and then retreat to my quiet world to sort through it for all the wonderful little moments I want to make note of. Some of these will end up in my blog. Some will end up in my stories.

These memories of my family seem to stay alive much longer if I write them down. And, my family is like most families, it shrinks and expands as the members leave us by moving or even dying or join us through birth or marriage. The joy is in the continuity and the wonderful variety.

May all your families be blessed and may you enjoy them for many years.

© Copyright 2005 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388554-Back-To-Normal