*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389912-Chapter-5---Lonely-and-Homely
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #979998
This came from when I realised the starnge way that Orion's belt is arranged.
#389912 added December 2, 2005 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5 - Lonely and Homely
Chapter 5- Lonely and homely

When she arrived she found that her parents where indeed back, yet were too busy being very drunk to tell her off for being late. She went up to her room and engaged the anti-gravity system as she went in. She immediately began to float, but kicked off the floor so she flew to the roof. She got out her CD player and listened to Purple Jeff to cheer herself up, as she span around and around in deep thought.
She span around for the bet part of the afternoon. She couldn't stop thinking about...everything. Scottle, Scottle in her vision, The band, their new and talented singer, the unusual noise Patrick's groin made when he sat down, Cassidy, the party and most importantly about the extensive history of the East India Company, which was peculiar enough in itself, because Alexia had no idea what the east India company was or what indeed India was at all.
When it was getting late in the day Alexia cheered up a modicum. She wrote some new pieces of music for guitar, and was playing it incessantly. Still, tomorrow was Friday, meaning everyone would get that Friday feeling.
On Earth, the Friday feeling is merely a sense of slight relief from the working class when the weekend is almost there, but on Orion's Testicle, the Friday feeling is a feeling of utter content for whatever was going on in the Orionan's life.
It is recorded in history that when war is fought on a Friday, both sides are known to cheer each other on, and congratulate the other side when they attain a small victory.
This led to some very interesting last words. Here is but a small selection of some of those final one-liners.

"Nice shot sir! Got me, right in the heart!"

"Good work, but just aim a little higher! UMPH! Yes! That got me!"

"Terrible sorry about this, old chap."

"Am I hungry?"

"Ooh, good try, but I suggest using more accurate cannon."

"Kill, Maim, Burn, but shake hands first."

"Anyone Fancy a pint?"

Alexia reflected on these, she had been given the knowledge of them when she finished school when she was two. Not an amazing feat on Orion's testicle, since although on earth school is a rather long and droning experience, schools on Orion's testicle were very short lived, since all the pupil required was to get put in a special chair, which then transmitted all of the history, science, math and language of the entire race directly into the pupil's memory banks. In lamens terms, everyone on Orion II was a smart ass.
Alexia floated back over to the gravity switch, and turned the zero gravity off.
She walked over to her shower, took off all her clothes, and stepped in.
She hadn't showered since she'd started going out with Scottle, and, being naked, she found it very difficult not to think about Scottle being naked. In fact, she suddenly noticed that feeling in her tummy and heart which increased when she thought about him.
The one thing that the Education Chair doesn't teach people is sex education, since the designers thought that this would be much better to learn by experience then by a machine.
So, Alexia showered, whilst fantasising about her boyfriend.
As her mother staggered past, she heard giggling coming from Alexia's room.
After she had showered, Alexia got changed into her nightdress, and went to bed.
Out of the will of a strange and balancing, spiteful force, Alexia had a horrid nightmare, instead of having a night dreaming about Scottle, she dreamt about Patrick picking his nose for ten hours. Unusually, Patrick dreamt for twelve hours about a singular cuttlefish swimming about in a large tank. Not the most vivid imagination, but, then again Patrick never did have much of one, he'd never have the need, his life was a fantasy in itself.
Meg didn't sleep that night; she was far too busy practicing for the audience tomorrow.
Em, the new singer however, was already dreaming the entire affair that night. She imagined stepping on stage, and being too embarrassed to sing. She imagined people chucking things at her, her getting hurt. She panicked. All around her, people were laughing cruelly. She ran out into the darkness.
Suddenly, she woke up.
At the same time, Alexia woke up.
At the same time, Patrick continued to think about cuttlefish.
© Copyright 2005 Drew Baines (UN: braines at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drew Baines has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389912-Chapter-5---Lonely-and-Homely