*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390471-Blog-Block
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#390471 added December 5, 2005 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Blog Block
Well, I seem to have blog block today. I have also had a little writer's block. This usually occurs when I am trying to make the characters in my book do what I want. It never works. My conscious mind simply cannot write a story. I have to let my subconscious mind fly free and then the characters seem to move on their own volition. It's almost as if I am watching a movie...they go about their business and I just write it all down. I've decided that my subconscious mind is where all the good stuff is. You know, the little details and funny situations that you file away somewhere in the back recesses of your brain and then can't remember for the life of you. But, when I just let things move on their own it all seems to come out.

Maybe we make the same mistake in our conscious everyday life. We try to control it all and direct it without really allowing all our senses to come into play. Then we are frustrated because things didn't go right. I'm not much of a control freak, having come of age in the days of the Hippie movement when the byword was 'go with the flow'. I'm not much of a micro-manager either. I pretty much let things happen. And, the only time I really get into a mess is when I try to 'direct' things. Then Murphy's law takes over.

So I guess I need to 'zone out' as the kids say and let my subconsious take over and get the next chapter done so I can get it posted. When I really get into writing I am some times amazed at the twists and turns of the story. The characters surprise me sometimes, too. At times I'll begin the story with a really bad person in it and before long he is a good person. I never have figured out how this happens. But, I am sure that somewhere deep in my subconscious this book and these characters are already completed and are just waiting for me to relax so they can tell their story.

So, I'm going to try to relax now and see if they will get to work so we can sell this book and make some money. Night all!!

© Copyright 2005 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390471-Blog-Block