*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390753-Pray
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#390753 added December 6, 2005 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Pray
How do you mend a heart that’s breaking?
How do you tell someone not to despair?
How do you reach across the globe and give a hug?
How can you convince them they’re not alone?

All these questions came to me as I read the blog of a WDC member. She’s thirteen, has written and self-published one novel and is currently trying to traditionally publish her sequel by sending query letters to agents and publishers. She has so much energy, drive and passion for writing, and an intelligence most adults (myself included) would be envious of. She can accomplish anything she sets her mind to and her future is quite bright.

Unfortunately, she doesn’t have the best home life. I don’t know all the details, nor would I divulge them here even if I did know. But it’s bad enough it makes this normally optimistic soul cry herself to sleep many nights, despairing over her life and her future.

All I can do for her is pray:
         for God to mend her broken heart;
         that there’s always reason to hope;
         will send His Spirit to comfort her;
         and show her she is never alone.

© Copyright 2005 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/390753-Pray