*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392203-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1044998
The Las Vegas CSI team is on two separate cases, both proving to harder than they thought
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#392203 added December 12, 2005 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
“Hey Nick,” Warrick Brown called, walking into the department break room.

“Hey,” Nick responded dully.

“Heard you took on The Grissom.” Nick looked up from his cup of coffee to stare at his friend.

“How’d you know that?” He asked in his Texas drawl. Warrick chuckled.

“You’d be surprised.”

“Hmm. Listen, speaking of Grissom, he wants us to go to autopsy.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you there.”


“Asphyxiation.” Doctor Robbins announced proudly. “Choked on this.” He held up a large bead like object.

“Is that a marble?” Warrick asked. The doctor shook his head.

“Nope, looks more like a piece of solid metal.” Nick shook his head.

“Doc, did you not see the bullet hole in his head? He was killed like he killed his victims.”

“Maybe,” Warrick thought aloud, “he wanted to get personal, so he stuffed this down his throat, and then shot him to make a point.”

“He also had several cracked ribs and some bruising.” Added Doctor Robbins.

“So, there was a struggle.” Warrick concluded. “Check his fingernails for DNA.”

“Already done.”

“Wait guys,” Nick looked unconvinced. “It takes a lot to make someone choke. This guy was a tough serial.”

“Well, Nick” Warrick said, slightly annoyed. “Sorry, but just because he can shoot a gun, doesn’t mean he can throw a punch.”

“Well the answers are out there, not here.” The doctor interrupted before anything further could be said.”


In the layout room, photos were spread out of Marla Jennings’s crime scene. Sara studied each closely. From the lack of skid marks to Marla’s injuries.

“Hey,” A gruff voice called. Sara looked up to see Brass coming in.

“Hey,”

“I’ve been talking to all of Marla Jennings’ co-workers.” Brass recited as he took a seat.

“What did she do?” Sara asked.

“Um,” Brass checked his notes. “Banking Customs Advocate for the Treasury Department- impressive title.”

“Not much motive there.”

“I don’t know she could’ve pissed off a white collar.” He laughed dryly at his own words. Sara however, continued to stare at the photos. “Something doesn’t make sense?”

“Her injuries are inconsistent with a car crash. It’s almost like she was placed in the car after it went over.”

“Well, that might explain this.” Brass fished another paper out of his jacket.

“What?”

“The car wasn’t registered to Marla Jennings.” Brass handed her the document.

“Judd Jennings. What’s the relation?”

“Brother. He says the car was stolen. Checked it out, he filed a police report.” Sara thought about this.

“So, someone stole a car to make Marla’s murder look like an accident. Coincidence that the car was the brother’s?” Brass shrugged.

“She lived alone, no boyfriend to speak of. Parents died when they were young.”

“I’m going to fume the car. See if any out of place prints come up.”

“I saw Catherine in reception; I’ll tell her to meet you.” Brass nodded.

“I thought...Right,” Sara answered unsure.


Grissom walked down one of the many hallways of the CSI lab, looking for answers. He finally turned into a room and approached a young man with…crazy hair to put it lightly.

“Greg, what are you doing in trace?” He asked the man. Greg Sanders looked up at his respected boss and shook his head.

“That new guy, he keeps taking ‘personal days’ and I’ve got to fill.” He explained quickly. Greg always seemed to get nervous in front of Grissom.

“You’re a certified CSI now, you don’t work lab unless it’s for your case.” Greg shrugged.

“Well, Ecklie see, he said-” Greg started.

“I’ll worry about Conrad. Did you get anything of that metal he choked on?” Grissom said, getting back to the case.

“Uh, yeah.” Greg handed Grissom the computer readout. “Pb, pure lead.”

“He shot his victims with pure lead, but I don’t know how the killer knew that.”

“Did the families know?” Greg suggested.

“They had a report of the investigation- good, Greg.” Grissom gave him an approving nod, and proceeded out.

“Thanks,” Greg called. Grissom however, found himself once again walking the hallways, this time into DNA.

“Doc Robbins sent a fingernail scraping, is it done?” Grissom asked impatiently. The tech looked surprised by the demand, but answered confidently.

“Just printed out, sir. Henry Anderson, had a prior for assault.”

“Anderson…” Grissom racked his brain. Without another word, he walked out of the lab and pulled out his cell phone. “Nick, Steve Anderson, the second sniping victim, his brother’s DNA was found. Get Warrick and meet me at his house.”




© Copyright 2005 K. Acker (UN: kacker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
K. Acker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392203-Chapter-2