*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392519-To-Kill-A-Mouse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#392519 added December 14, 2005 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
To Kill A Mouse
I wrote this yesterday, when my IP went down at work.

I so don’t feel good. Why am I here? Our IP service is down. My mouse died. My compie mouse I mean. Just quit working. Refused to function. No warning either. No stickiness, or dead spots. One second she was performing beautifully, and then, the next millisecond, she conked out. In a panic, I attempted all the usual resuscitation maneuvers; tapping, jiggling, a couple of solid pounding strokes, begging mixed with prayer. Nothing. She wouldn’t have any of it. She’s so cold. How can she do this to me? Just desert me like that? Especially now, when my internet is down? I told her all this too.

“Fine.” I finally said out loud. “Who needs you?” I need her. To get my reports done. Plus, I was helping Sarah with a project she’s working on. I know you can manipulate the keyboard, without using the mouse. And I’ve done this before. But for some strange reason, all my efforts here fail.

I take a deep breath. There just has to be something I can do. I busy myself with cleaning my desk – a task I’m known to procrastinate. Then, it hits me, I see the mouse on the desk behind me. Used for a compie whish isn’t working properly. I snag it and hook it up to my compie. Aaahhh. Production. Calmness fills my veins. I can now work.




© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392519-To-Kill-A-Mouse