*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392562-Tough-as-Marshmallow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#392562 added December 14, 2005 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
Tough as Marshmallow.
Last night I joined the people from the writing class I intended to give up, for a pre-humbug drink. I've not seen them for five weeks and was greeted with warm hugs and exclamations of positive warmth.

One member I haven't seen for two terms as she's undergone a masectomy and been receiving chemotherapy. She looks really well now and was SO positive in her outlook, even lifting her wig to laugh at her own baldness. Some people are just so brave.

We shared news, had some giggles at various anecdotes and put our own bizarre slants on various stories in the press as only imaginative people can do. At the end of the evening, Derek, the tutor gave me a kiss on the cheek and said.

'See you in January then.'

Gone, was my resolution to give up the class and do more of my own writing at home. These are people I've known for a long time, people I've grown to love and care about, people I realise I'll miss if I cut myself off from the class. Why am I such a soft touch? lol

So, come January, God willing, I have a feeling I'll be sitting back in the class and probably cursing myself because I don't fancy the homework and could do without paying the fees. At least I have a few more weeks to think it through and get my other writing sorted. Did you just see those pretty pink pigs fly over?

I may be the last to thank Nada for the merit badge but my appreciation is no less sincere. Thank you, special lady.

I was reading zwisis's blog about her competition entry (and a fine story it is too) and it reminded me of something that's niggled me a little. I entered a horror contest back in April, the closing date being the end of August. At the beginning of October I was informed I'd won second place in this contest and would be given an awardicon and gift points. By the end of November I'd received nothing so I contacted the member hosting the contest (I won't be so cruel as to give the name - YET lol) and have received no reply.

I won't worry or fret about it but I think it very annoying to set up a contest, allow people to donate gift points and entrants to compose stories and then just ignore the whole thing. NOT good for the reputation of a site such as this one. I'd go over there and give her a Cyberpunch if it were possible. You know me ...tough as marshmallow. *Wink*

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/392562-Tough-as-Marshmallow