*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393036-TGIF
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#393036 added December 16, 2005 at 10:47am
Restrictions: None
TGIF
This will be a short blog. My Fridays are always busy but I wanted to thank everyone for their great responses to my blog yesterday. I didn't realize that so many others felt the same way. I guess we all feel a little bruised by the lack of manners evident in people today.

Another pet peeve of mine is the lack of moral fiber in people today. For instance, you take your car to the shop to be repaired. You pay a fortune and when you get it home it still doesn't run. Why? Because no one feels that they have to do the job right the first time. The more times you have to take your car in, the more money they make.

Or you go to the doctor and pay a sum equal to the national debt for tests, which tell the doctor nothing. Finally, several years later sometime, you find out what's wrong with you from your neighbor or a show on TV. Why, because doctors are not taught to diagnose disease in medical school, they are taught to read test results. And, the more times you go to them, the more money they make. Maybe we should be like China, the doctor only gets paid if he keeps you well.

Or, you hire a lawyer to take care of a legal matter for you. Then you have to gather all the information, call him daily to see if he needs anything else, give him a complete outline of what should be included and last, but not least, you point out several glaring oversights to him about his work so you won't get trounced at the hearing. Why is he making the big bucks?

I also get extremely tired of: kids calling me by my first name when I am 50 years older than them, men walking through doors and letting them slam in my face, drivers refusing to let you get across the crosswalk without trying to run you down, and rude,coarse or sexual talk in front of me. I do not appreciate it from anyone of any age.

What can I say? I really miss manners.





© Copyright 2005 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393036-TGIF