*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393106-Momentary-lapse-in-insanity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#393106 added December 16, 2005 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
Momentary lapse in insanity
Oi...so moving is a pain. Actually, I'm not sure there is a word to describe the misery that is moving.

Normally, proper planning would easily take care of most of these pains, but I didn't have the luxury of it. The people at our apartment kept giving us a "yes you will be moving on this day" and then "no you will not be moving on this day" because of our work and their inability to properly return a proof of employment form.

We were accepted on Wednesday, signed our papers yesterday, and now we are moving today because this is day one of my two days off for this week.

We've spent the first half of the day trying to find boxes(no way can I afford 2.95 a box at UHAUL. 'F' that. I also had to go rent a UHAUL truck too so we could do this as quick and painless as possible.

However, Shauna has a weird inability to just go with the flow. She tries to plan things out on the fly, but it is hardly on the fly. I already have everything figured out in my head and then she stops me dead in my tracks in all of my momentum to try to figure it out for herself. Suffice to say, this has stressed my patience.

On top of that we've had to make a stop at her grandmother's and her mother's for no obvious reason but for her to say, "Oh, so we are taking this furniture." We didn't even have the truck at the time, so we couldn't even pick it up. It was just a moment of "hi, how's it going".

Stabby.

I've packed three boxes to her one, and so I am taking a break, because my mind is about to hit critical melt down status.

Last night sucked. Blew my ass to be more specific.

We were so excited going into work yesterday. We had our keys, and we got to actually step into our newly leased apartment. Things couldn't get any worse.

Or so it was thought.

We get to work and right off the bat our Captain has her ass hairs in a twist. A mix up earlier in the week with one of the Homecomings people led to a suspension, and because our Client(We don't actually work for Homecomings, we are an outsource company called MSA) was there she was under pressure which leaked on to us.

She yelled at everyone. No one was safe, even if you were doing a good job she could find something to yell at you about.

What's worse is that it seemed like every single person we were to call that day had met with one another the night before and were more than agreed to make sure every single Homecoming's Agent was put to the breaking point in regards to patience.

I'll simply put it this way: I have never, ever, ever, ever talked to someone in the way that I was talked to yesterday. The worst part? It wasn't even the people we were doing collections calls for. It was the welcome calls.

If I find out any of you here on Writing.com were one of those wonderful people, and I find you on the street I will shank you on the spot. You will suffer my wrath I swear to you.

To add the cherry to the sundae, we had such a large volume of calls that we were forced to work until 10 that night. So I literally got screamed at for 10 hours. Minus my 30 minute lunch.

The night after that went pretty well. Shauna and I decided to grab some blankets and a pillow so that we could sleep at our new place. Kind of like a camping trip.

We bought two bottles of champagne, some flowers for her, and 5 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese. We got piss drunk and watched the Family Guy movie. That was alright, except for she insisted on sleeping downstairs on the tile. ~Rubs his sore back~

On a sad note, there is a good chance I might not be posting to this wonderfully upgraded blog until the middle or end of next week. I still need to get the cable hooked up in my place, and therefore my internet connection also. We don't have a home phone, only our cells, so there is no way I can even hop on the old 56k

Just wanted you all to know.

I'll be over at my parents periodically during that time to finish up moving some stuff though, so I may hop on every so often to inform you on which level of Hell my day is on.


© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393106-Momentary-lapse-in-insanity