*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394331-Lies-Lies-and-nothing-but-lies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#394331 added December 23, 2005 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
Lies, Lies, and nothing but lies...
The Fog of False Choices
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/20/opinion/20tue1.html?ex=1135314000&en=cf519c853...

How many lies must a liar tell before regular, everyday, ordinary people don’t believe any thing else the liar says?

Bush and his entire administration make me feel ashamed to be an American. I am appalled at all the lies George W. Bush tells, and evidently beliefs he is fooling everyone. Do ya’ll read?

Personally, I think George W. Bush needs to be tried in a court of law for the crimes he has, and is committing, right along with Cheney, Rumsfeld, and all the entire list of other traitors in the current administration.

If Congress and the Senate are a reflection on the people who elected them, then we’re all just screwed.

Where is the public outrage? I am so tired of the lies, and propaganda. I am furious to the point of total distraction.

What can I do? I written, e-mailed, phoned, whined, pissed and moaned about Bush, and his administration till even I’m beginning to think I’m crazy.

I am one lowly, poor, average American citizen. For five years now I’ve watched the ranks of poverty in America grow, watched programs that benefit the masses cut or eliminated, watched as justice is unequally administered between the haves and the have-nots, and watched, like the rest of the world, as our great American Government failed to assist hundreds of thousands of American citizens in New Orleans as the city flooded and people died.

And life goes on, as usual, day after day, lie after lie, anonymous tip after anonymous tip, and not a damn thing changes.

We’re paying between two and three dollars a gallon for gasoline, while in Iraq gasoline cost between five and ten cents a gallon.

The problems are not going to go away until the people creating the problems go away.

Ya’ll can sit back and bury your heads up to your asses in the sand, but unlike ostriches you’ve still got a lot to lose; even when you compare what you still have to lose to what has already been lost – the lost is tragic and unbelievable. To compound tragedy after tragedy, by allowing a President of the United States to act as some kind of dictator, and allow his actions, and orders to go unchecked and unbalance by simply ignoring it is beyond shameful.

People often condemn themselves with their own words, and Bush is no exception. The main problem, as I see it, is Bush is taking us all to hell with him. I don’t want to go to hell, and I didn’t vote for Bush. In my humble opinion, I hope that all of you who actually did vote for Bush reap your just rewards. Are you all proud of yourselves? The shame belongs squarely on the shoulders of those who elected this idiot to the Presidency of the United States of America. I pray that I learn to forgive you.

I pray too for strength to have the patience to wait for the Lord to serve up his unique form of vengeance, as only the Lord is entitled to do.

Merry Christmas

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394331-Lies-Lies-and-nothing-but-lies