*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395387-One--A-Marriage-and-a-Death
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1050948
A Princess is forced into a loveless marriage but will it will be loveless forever?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#395387 added December 29, 2005 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
One: A Marriage and a Death
Princess Calista was on the balcony of the castle Everrose. She had always loved living at the castle. Her father, King Marcus had forced her to marry Adorian, a handsome former knight who was now a nobleman in charge of collecting taxes from the peasants. Now, he was her Prince and her husband. He had just made love to her and this had been her first time. He was gentle with her but they didn't love each other. Calista didn't love any man and now she probably never would know what real love is. If she had refused to marry Adorian, her father would have forced her to live with the peasants. She didn't want to leave the castle. She had felt safe here at Everrose. Adorian wasn't a mean man but he was arrogant and wanted power. Power. What a scary thing! Power destroyed lives and dreams! Calista hoped that Adorian didn't want to make love all the time. She hadn't really enjoyed it. Adorian had other lovers. One of them was Marina, one of her beautiful ladies-in-waiting. Marina loved Adorian but Adorian didn't love her or any woman even though he was attracted to Calista. What man wouldn't? She was a heir to the throne and a woman every man wanted to marry. Adorian was married to her now.

Calista looked over the sea and saw the form of a woman by the sea on the cliff known as Widow's Desmise. This is where women whose husbands killed in battles and on trips to the sea who had died, came to join them. Was she going to jump? Oh no! Calista ran down the stairs that lead up to the balcony and yelled: "Please! Don't jump! Talk to me!"

Calista got to the cliff as Marina, the beautiful blonde woman turned to face Calista, who had long red hair and emerald eyes. Marina thought: The beautiful Princess Calista that Adorian had left her for. She loved Adorian. She couldn't live without him.

"Leave me alone. You married Adorian. You know that I loved him. You didn't care. You are so selfish. You could have had anyone. Adorian doesn't love you, you know. Did he make passionate love to you? You were so frigid that he wasted his time on you. A Princess and virgin like you makes me sick!" Marina hissed as she said it.

Calista was shocked. Marina had never talked to her like this. "My father forced us to marry. Please, I didn't do this to hurt you. Married couples make love and it was expected of me. My father would have thrown me out in the cold. We have been friends for so long, Marina. There are other knights you can be with. I will help you find the man for you. Please let me help you."

"Help me? I don't want your pity of help. I want Adorian! I could push you into the water and let everyone think that you killed yourself. Adorian wouldn't grieve for you. All he wants is to be King. You can give him that. I hate you!" Marina slapped Calista and the Princess was so shocked. She reached out her hand to Marina but Marina backed away and went over the cliff. She screamed as she fell and her body hit the water. Calista was horrified. She hated Adorian at that moment as tears rose in her eyes. Calista felt so guilty. This was all her fault.

Calista sat on the cliff and looked down into the sea. She couldn't see Marina's body. What would she do? She had to tell everyone at the Kingdom. She was so scared. She couldn't tell everyone what they said to each other. Just then a shiny ball exploded beside her and a fairy wearing a purple dress appeared! Calista jumped back. "Who are you?" she whispered.

"Alicia. I am the Princess Elf Fairy. Nice to meet you, Calista."

"You know me?"

"Everyone knows the Princess." Alicia bowed.

"Did you see what happened to Marina?"

Yes, I did. Pity. Humans get so involved in love. Fairies are born from magic dust and flowers. There are no male fairies and I'm glad."

Calista couldn't believe that she was talking to a fairy. The fairy was cute with curled up ears and a slightly pointed nose. "Why didn't you stop Marina from jumping? You could have helped her."

Alicia laughed. "Why? She would have just whined and made your life miserable and been the land's biggest joke. Believe me, your life will be better off without her."

"You are so cruel! Are you here to kill me or do me harm?"

"Don't be silly! I am here to protect you. In time, you will love Adorian and I can help you. As for Marina, don't tell anyone. Don't tell Adorian. They will find her body. You need to go back to your Prince's bed and I will spill fairy dust on you. You will know what happened to Marina but you will forget until the time is right. Everyone will think that Marina ran away. As for me, You will remember me but you can't tell anyone about me. Everyone will think you mad. Go back to bed, Princess. We will meet again."

Calista went back to her bed and the next morning she woke up. She remembered Alicia but she thought that she had dreamed about her. Adorian smiled as he kissed Calista. "My Princess. Are you ready to make love to your Prince again?" At that moment, Calista thought about Marina but she didn't know why.

** Image ID #1048960 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1047844 Unavailable **



Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
** Image ID #992334 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395387-One--A-Marriage-and-a-Death