*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395748-World-Peace-Gathering
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#395748 added December 31, 2005 at 5:27am
Restrictions: None
World Peace Gathering
This morning I will sit in meditation for the cause of world-wide peace. My voice will be silent, but I will be in active community with fellow church members and like-minds across the globe at 4am PST. This coincides with the Grenwich Mean Time observance globally.

Last year I felt a strong connection to the Tsunami-affected people half-way across the world from me. I prayed for the wholeness of families, the acceptance of the grace that sometimes translates simply into letting go, and the restoration and resurrection of nature to support the people again. In truth, I am still praying for those things.

If the observance of this has taught me anything over the several years in which I've taken part, it is accomplishing a rarity. This hour is a dedicated time when I think beyond myself, beyond boundaries, yet come back to the realization that the peace needed in the world must first be cultivated and maintained in myself diligently on all other days, and with all the people I touch.

My I work to truly achieve this goal above others. What better person can I be than to be a Peacemaker?

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395748-World-Peace-Gathering