*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396665-Eye-Just-Cant-Stand-It
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#396665 added January 3, 2006 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
Eye Just Can't Stand It
Ugh I hate going to the eye doctor, getting those nasty drops, having crap shoved into your eye. “Don’t move.” “Look forward.” Where the hell am I gonna look with some piece of equipment stuck millimeters from my eyeball?

And then, the blurry vision accompanied with a bold headache so encompassing my being. Making it difficult to carry out my work responsibilities. “You mean you didn’t take the day?” the nurse asked, her voice filled with disbelief. Any intelligent human being would have certainly taken the day off after two healthy drops of dilating fluid in each eye.

The stupid part came later, when I unintentionally refused to take Tylenol to ease the building discomfort. I kept telling myself I would take it, repeatedly let work get in the way. You know, the thing I should have taken off from.

Now, at ten-thirty, two Advil and two glasses of wine later, I am just beginning to feel relief.

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396665-Eye-Just-Cant-Stand-It