*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397012-Standing-at-the-precipice-of-change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#397012 added January 5, 2006 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Standing at the precipice of change
Isn’t that a neat word, “precipice”? Oh, sure, I could have used “cliff”, but how dull!

I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions; I don’t recall ever in my life having made one. Being completely unoriginal, since I have read many blogs already about how they’re silly, I’m of the same mindset. If you need to make a change in your life, change it. Don’t wait until the New Year to make that commitment.

Well, I need to make a few changes, and I do so now because I happened to finally realize their necessity. It’s mere coincidence that I realized them now and not, say, in July.

First is the need to get healthy. I’m tired of having to engage in a wrestling match with my pants every morning, or wiggling in strange places as I move. Plus, I can’t stand to look in the mirror any more. So, I decided to re-up my membership to the gym. I really like this gym. It offers everything from bikes, to treadmills, weights and lots of classes from Spin to Yoga from 5:30 am to 9:00 pm on the weekdays.

But the best part is that it’s for women only. Many women of all ages and shapes go there, so I don’t feel as though I have to be healthy and in shape before I go! I can look like a complete slub, and no one cares because they themselves look a little slubbish!

That’s one thing I’m diving into.

Second is to get back into writing. I’ve not touched my stories, or any one of my three novels (two are complete, but in need of editing) and one novella in over a month. For the past almost two years now, that’s all I did with my free time, and I miss it. It’s time I quit practicing procrastination (which I consider myself an expert) and dreaming of seeing my work in print, and work to make it happen. God can perform miracles, but getting published isn’t one of them! (Believe me, I’ve begged and pleaded, but all He did was shake His head and roll His eyes at me!)

I first need to dive into my novel once again and edit it. I only have five weeks to muddle through 100,000 words before I attend a writer’s conference beginning Feb. 16. This will only be my 8th draft! But after discovering I didn’t win a contest and receiving a few reviews on the first five chapters, it needs to be done.

That’s a lot of diving. I hope my landings are nice and soft!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397012-Standing-at-the-precipice-of-change