*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397986-How-could-i-forget
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#397986 added January 9, 2006 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
How could i forget?
Chuck Palahnuik. I forgot him. Well, not him. But his books. I have two. One borrowed from Blake, and the other purchased by Blake. I listened to a prodcast of Chuck reading his Fight Club. I fell in love. What a style. Now, I’m reading Diary and another whose title escapes me. Tales by Chuck stranger than fiction…

I’ve noticed, his style suits readings. Like the prodcast. Its as though the narrator is talking to you. Like you guys are at a coffee shop – not starbucks, but a local shop, drinking a dark house blend – black no sugar please. And he – or she – whomever the narrator is – sits across from you, sipping on his espresso, fidgeting. His fingers keep reaching into the front shirt pocket of his brooks brothers shirt. He longs for the day when smoking was allowed inside restaurants and libraries. Telling you his story, you loose track of time and can’t even recall the music being played over the PA system. Interesting, weird, dark, must soak it up stuff. That’s what Chuck Palahnuik is to me.

How could i forget to snag one of those books from my bedside table this morning?

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397986-How-could-i-forget