*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398029-Some-thoughts-on-Spirituality
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#398029 added January 9, 2006 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Some thoughts on Spirituality
Okay, now that I am somewhat destressed, I'm ready to move to another topic. This one was inspired by a response I recently recieved to my series "Wolf & Witch"

Wolf & Witch Series  (18+)
The story of Michael & Mila, wolf & witch
#980388 by StephBee - House Targaryen


This is an earlier work of mine, written in the summer of 2005. It needs an edit for point of view, grammar & puctutation. I'll be tackling that shortly.

The first story of this work was written for a writing exercise - take one character out of the story and put it in another one. So, I took "Mila" and put her my werewolf story. There was a good amount of positive reaction so I decided to continue the story. I went out and bought myself a book about witchcraft so I could be accurate about some things and went for it.

Mind you, storywise the comment said it was engaging, and I was happy for that, but that thing that stuck with me had to deal with religion. Mind you it wasn't a preachy comment at all, but I do realize that some of the stories I write about could be offensive because I write about the "dark" arts.

While my religion isn't perfect by any means (I'm Catholic), I am a practicing member. I believe in a Higher Being. But my views don't strictly follow the Catholic dogma. My religion is a means for me to practice my spirituality.

For me, my spirituality is my way of staying in touch with the Higher Being. I pray - at church and at home. But, gosh, it's hard for me to explain. Spirituality means so much more. For me, I try to be kind, giving, loving, considerate. I don't want to be a "meanie".

Now here's something radical - as a practicing Catholic, I believe in reincarnation.

Shocking, isn't it? After all, the Catholic dogma says you go up to Heaven to be with the Lord.

Well, my spiriual beliefs guide me toward reincarnation. I am in this life to learn certain life lessons, to make amends with my bad and good karma and take what I have learned and what I haven't learned into another life after this.

Some would say I should be excommunicated for such a belief, but it does not stop me from believing in God, in a Higher Being, and in striving to be good, kind, caring, and generous.

For me, Karma is a serious thing. Here's a couple of things I'd like to share with you regarding my karma.

A DEFINATION OF KARMA

The word “karma” is usually translated as action. Karma embraces the idea that what you’ve done, or what has been done to you, in a past life, whether benevolently or selfishly motivated, eventually comes back to you. This could be in the same lifetime, or perhaps several hundred years down the line.

Karmic astrology is the science of discerning as accurately as possible, through the positions of planets in your Natal Chart, the reasons why you are the way you are and why you act the way you do. Karmic astrology also provides you with guidance to resolve past life situations so as to wipe your slate clean and make room for more positive karma in your current lifetime.


Thus, in karmic astrology, the Moon represents the unconscious memories of our long-ago existences that are still heavily influencing our present lives. The challenge we face is to transform the drives associated with the stressful memories and to make the happier ones work for us.

With your Moon in sociable Libra, your unconscious memories reflect incarnations in which you were high on the social ladder. You may have been a noble, or even a royal; at the very least, your family was prominent in your community. You were blessed with a far better life than most people in society have ever dreamed of. But that way of life came with a price tag. Your family had an image to keep up. The social mores of society have always been rather strict - and all dutiful sons and daughters were expected to behave in such a way as to be considered "proper."

In Newton's book, DESTINY OF SOULS, he says that while one is given an amnesia block when they come to Earth, there are still lingering traces of your most recent past life. I found this particualiar passage very interesting considering I am completely fascinated with HEMOPHILIA.

When I was in the army I freely gave to any non-profit organizations dealing with Hemophilia. I firmly believe in donating blood to help save others. (In an upseting turn of events ARC won't let me donate because I was in Europe in 1996 when England had an outbreak of Mad Cow disease) It's distressing to me I can't do this. I really a STRONG pull to do these things.

That said - nothing has touched me more than when I was a senior in High School and I learned about NICHOLAS & ALEXANDRA in Russian History and the story of their hemophilic son. I'm not saying I was Alexandra or anything like that (but I find it WICKED SPOOKY) that Alexandra and I share the same Birthday, 100 years apart!

Anyway, I suppose I might have drifted off topic a little bit here talking about spirituality, karma, and my complete fascination for the last Czar of Russia and his royal family. (In fact, in another reading, it said my last incarnation on Earth was just before the turn of the century...another thing that is kinda werid...)

But I am a very spiritual person. I believe in all those good basic concepts any religion teaches. I believe in justice, fairness, goodness, generosity, caring, loving.

So when I write about witchcraft, it's not because I believe - it's because it's a plot device, used as a writing "foil." It truly is not meant to offend anyone.


© Copyright 2006 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398029-Some-thoughts-on-Spirituality