*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398922-The-Crooked-Path
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#398922 added January 12, 2006 at 7:41pm
Restrictions: None
The Crooked Path
Last night at Bible study, our pastor decided to do things differently. Instead of reading sections of a chapter and then discussing each section, he handed each of us a sheet of paper with questions and room to write down the answers. It’s not a test, but a Bible study guide.

What we did first was read the chapter (Ecclesiastes 7). Afterwards we said a prayer. The one written on the sheet said, “God, speak to me from one verse, and help me hear what you need me to hear, and help me apply this truth to my life.”

It then told us to read the chapter again, this time, “Look for that one verse -- listen for that one voice - spend a little time considering what God might be saying to your life -- our church -- our world.”

We then had to write out that verse. Mine was verses 13 & 14: “Accept the way God does things, for who can strengthen what he has made crooked. Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.”

I think I focused mostly on this because yesterday afternoon while perusing other people’s blogs I delved into chalaedra’s, and particularly enjoyed "Invalid Entry.

You can check it out now. I’ll wait . . .

Hmm, hmm, hmm, do-di-do, di-di-do, la-la-la-la -- Oh, good, you’re back.

I think reading her entry had got me thinking about my own struggles, and how they have tempered my spirit. I even asked myself at the time if I regretted anything in my life, especially my worst moments. I came up with nothing, for I wouldn’t have the life I have now, wouldn’t know the people I’m honored and thrilled to know, or even be the person I am now. I still have much to improve, but I like who I am.

Her blog I think also helped me to focus on those verses, as well, since the subject was so similar. I especially liked “who can straighten what he has made crooked.” I focused on that one for two reasons.

I think there are many times, especially during our hardships, we expect God to straighten our path and make it easier to travel. We forget to consider that God may have made it crooked to begin with. As verse 14 states, God brings us both prosperity and hardship to temper and strengthen our spirits.

I think chalaedra's blog said it best as to why God makes our lives difficult at times.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398922-The-Crooked-Path