*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398968-Staff-Meeting-Notes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#398968 added January 12, 2006 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Staff Meeting Notes
(I don't go anywhere without a journal.)


... I truly wish she wouldn't read to us at every staff meeting. Just go ahead and get on with that for which you called us in here. There is so much else I need to be doing while I sit here pretending to listen to you read to me. Email it to me. Tell me where I can buy the book so that I can read it for myself, if and when I want to or choose to....

Maybe I should actually read this Fish book she keeps talking about. Maybe it could help me with my writing....

I am so bored and unmotivated right now. It's as if we're here because somebody needs to justify their having the position they have, and the rest of us are pawns in the justification....

She says, "Um", a lot....

This, I swear, is Jonestown without the Kool-Aid....

It's always so cold in this room. I'm freezing.... I think Joanne is asleep, and she's right up front. How can she sleep in here as cold as it is????

It takes a certain kind of nerve to get in front of a group of people and talk to them about something about which you know they don't give a rat's ass....

I like her bracelet. At least she wears attractive silver jewelry upon which I can occasionally focus my attention and make it look like I'm focused on her....

Her shoes, her figure, the condition of her feet in those mules; she's very well-groomed. Makes me wonder how much kids focus on me when I'm up in front of them talking of things about which they aren't particulary interested. Kids notice so much more than adults. I've been smack in the middle of showing a kid something only to have the child tell me she likes my nails, or to have a boy finger my wedding ring and tell me how much he admires my bling....

She is talking way too much. It's so cold, and I feel like I may fall asleep myself at this point. The information she's given us isn't all useless, in fact some of it has been interesting, but I have to pee and it's boring sitting here in the cold, trying to act like we're listening....

People are passing notes and smirking, so I know it's not just me....

It's almost time for the bell.... I'm going to the restroom, and I'm not coming back.

End

© Copyright 2006 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398968-Staff-Meeting-Notes