*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399408-Humble-Pie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#399408 added February 9, 2013 at 5:44am
Restrictions: None
Humble Pie
I take it all back. I was wrong. I admit it. I'm eating humble pie with custard. (Scarlett kicks the dirt} Ooops sorry, been reading B.A.N.G and got carried away.

I had a WONDERFUL night with my old schoolfriends. A dozen turned up, more than anticipated. Five ladies and seven men. All of them were looking good, keeping up youthful appearances, full of good humour and laughter prevailed.

Maybe it's because I grew up with these people; we share memories of school life in the sixties, but whatever it is we had FUN. Another wonderful evening to file in the memory box. It's not a gender issue at all; more an attitude issue.

I didn't even have a hangover this morning. As my grandma used to say, 'It's not the spirit you drink, but the spirit you drink it in.'

Been a very bland, ordinary Saturday. Hubby in a 'feeling sorry for myself' mood and mother hinting she'd like me to take her on a holiday I know she'd never cope with. It's all very sad.

This morning I thought I'd lost it completely. Signed in to WDC and went to click on the blog link. GAWN! Took me ages to work out they've moved it. Then had to catch up on blogs and there were the great Blogville News and B.A.N.G. editions to read. I'm not complaining but I really need the elixir of life to cope with this site. But I'll do my best.

I checked out my blog links from the left and encountered a problem with maylee We are a family here and just as in other walks of life I worry when someone goes missing. I hope she's okay.

That's about all I can offer at this time of night. Sleep unfortunately beckons. Such a waste of time. Night night my friends. WUB you all.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399408-Humble-Pie