*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400044-Too-much
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#400044 added January 17, 2006 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Too much!
Ever have days when you have a lot to say (or write about in this case), but figuring out which one is nearly impossible?

I’m having one of those days. But it’s not so much that everything is a profound statement or observation that will complete every life who comes into contact with it (Ha! I wish!). It’s more along the lines of scraping the bottom of the idea vat and deciding which one stinks the least. And yet, I still want to write about them, because in my mind they are important, or at the very least, mildly interesting.

Part of my problem is some of these subjects are political, and I promised myself to avoid politics in this journal. I hate politics, because politics is many times unavoidable as it affects so many aspects of our lives. I despise things that I have no control over and am forced to deal with anyway.

I have also written three possible blog entries in the last few days, but I hesitate to add them. I can’t describe the reasons for my hesitation, and until I figure them out, no other set of eyes will see them but my own.

It’s like what David McClain has said in his own blog about over-thinking things. I’m over-thinking my thoughts! How weird is that?

Perhaps I need to put my brain in neutral and lurk around in other people’s blogs for a while. I do enjoy sneaking around, using the links other bloggers add of their own favorite bloggers, read those, and then click on their links, so on and so forth. I found that’s a great way to discover just what a variety of bloggers there are on WDC, get different perspectives on subjects never before considered, plus it’s a wonderful way to waste my time.

Oh, a stinky idea just surfaced that I just have to relay (don’t worry, you don’t need a gas mask to read it; it will only make you wrinkle your nose for a moment and then you’ll be used to it) about wasting time.

I had to take the internet away from myself at home. I have but one month (actually four weeks and two days) from today to re-edit my novel as well as my novella that I discussed in "Chicken for the CWG writer’s conference. While I’ve red-lined a hard copy of the novel, I still need to apply the changes to the electronic copy, and some of those changes are pretty involved. The novella I haven’t even looked at. Plus there are a few articles I should polish up that I think are worthy to submit to magazines.

I have a little Compaq Presario 14” laptop that I decided to use for writing only. It came with a DSL connection as well as a wireless, but I disabled them both to avoid temptation. I also have no games or other fun programs on it, so unless I want to get my butt off the couch to use my other computer sitting on my desk (which is not all that likely. My couch is mucho comfortable), no fun and games for me. I also have had to put the books I’m reading out of easy reach.

I'm hoping now I will finally tackle my manuscripts out of sheer boredom if for no other reason.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400044-Too-much