*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401150
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1061092
A story about a girl finding her way in life, a very weird school, and odd powers open up.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#401150 added January 21, 2006 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
WeirdSchool- Chapter 2
Chapter 2:



I have three siblings; okay to me it’s like having two. In our family we almost never have single children. My mom has a twin, my dad and both sets of grandparents and so on…I also have to twin brothers who are three years older than me.


I was born with a twin brother myself to tell you the truth but I don’t remember him. He was kidnapped when I was two, my mom until this day tells me about how they got every possible police service to look for him. No know knows if he’s even alive but still it’s sometimes it’s depressing to know that they took someone away from me that today could have been very close.


I was thinking about him again today in one of my unusually large breakfasts of two bowl of cereal. My mom sat opposite of me at the table drinking her coffee when she yelled “Rex! Alex! Get over here now!” she said.


Now you would think that boys like these (especially twins) would be trouble makers with a capital T. Well it’s the complete opposite with both of them; it shows they are my dad’s sons. I keep think maybe I was switched at birth but then I think of mom.


Yes, they are complete dorks. They took all of my parent’s smart genes and left for me very little, it shows on my tests. I’m a very B- to A- student and on some occasions I get myself a nice A+. Not often.


On the other hand Alex and Rex are always on top, with their regular A+. I’m telling you, some day they’ll be Presidents (one after another it doesn’t matter the order) and they will be the geekiest Presidents ever.


They are very tall and skinny, I’d say at least 6” something…I’m only 5”2 and for a 9th grader that’s not much.


There is one thing though that this family all has in common when it comes to looks and that our brown hair. They have dark brown hair but mine is so light it could be blond.


They came to the kitchen where I sat playing with my breakfast, both of them taking seats next to me, arguing.


“I don’t believe that Einstein’s theories of relativity were based on such false information the school gave you!” said Alex. Yeah, they are in special courses for people who have no life are as they call it “a higher IQ and level of learning”. This is when their conversation is at this highest.


That’s why people don’t understand that I believe that something really went wrong when they were born.


“I disagree Alex.” Rex said trying to keep a calm face. “A theoretical base for the exploitation of atomic energy is one of the greatest things.”

A what?

That night was one of the most boring times of the day. Vive wasn’t home so I was stuck watching televisions with my brothers. I kept flipping channels while they were telling me that I should put it on the history channel of national geographic.


All of the sudden I saw a pile of letters on the table. I put the remote down (which was grabbed two seconds later either by Alex or Rex, I don’t know who.) and the biggest envelope was addressed to me. The only time I ever got a letter was when my school would send my parents the bill, which made my parents quite unhappy.


But it was addressed to me, Dawn Debary.


On the back of the letter it said:

Dynamiserl Island
Dynamiserl Academy



A school? I became confused. I already signed up to the same school from last year for next year. I should have probably through it away but my curiosity got to me. I opened the envelope and inside was a long handwritten letter and a smaller envelope addressed to my parents.


Carefully I picked up the white paper and began to read:





Dynamiserl Academy presents:
After countless years of the island being left alone and the top school in the world left with nothing to teach you are invited to return to history where the famous academy is back on it’s feet and giving a chance for only ten chosen students to come and learn for one fascinating year you will never forget.
One of the chosen ten is you.
The school was built in 1720 by the great Richard H. Dynamiserl. After his unexpected and tragic suicide incident the wonderful school closed down.
You’re probably asking yourself why you out of millions of children were chosen and the reason will be released to you once you come to the school. It will be explained while being at this school you will have very special task.


Hope you will come for a truly remarkable year,
Mrs. H Aloe


Note: The rest of the information is held in separate forms for you parents.



Funny how jokes come in letters and they expect me to believe they are recreating a school for ten students. Very funny.


Seeing as this didn’t help me I walked towards kitchen and through the envelope in the trash.


“What did you just through in the trash Dawn?” my mom who was cooking dinner asked suspiciously (because obviously anything I do can’t be trusted….) through her square rimmed glasses.


“I got some prank mail.” I said. “Want to see it? I thought it was kind of ridiculous.” I said grinning.


“Let me see it.” She said. I went to the trash and got the envelope that wasn’t there for so long so it wasn’t so unclean. I handed it to her and went back to the living room to watch the fascinating History Channel.


I hadn’t even watched for five minutes that all of the sudden I hear my mother scream “Drew!”


“I’m working honey!” he yelled back from his office. “Is it important?”

“It’s about Dynamiserl!” my mom yelled back. For a moment it was quite and then I saw my dad run past me and into the kitchen.
Another confusing five minutes passed as I sat there between Rex and Alex and I waited to see what my parents would say. Why did they take this simple letter so seriously?
My dad was the one to walk out of the kitchen first and was fiddling with my letter, and a smile spread on his face. My mom came out after him with the rest of the envelope and had absolutely no identifying expression.
“So?” I said. “What’s so bad about the letter?” I asked.

“Oh nothing, in fact it’s a very exciting letter.”

Right, Dynamiserl Academy sound like a fascinating, exciting experience…sure.

They both sat down, and Alex who decided that this conversation was going to be even more interesting than the History Channel turned the television off.


“Well, this letter is no joke.” My mom said starting off her eyes glued on me.


“Yeah I heard of this school ever since I was a little child and I know it’s true. Your mom and I think you should go.”


Its times like these where I know I just might be the only sane person in this world, it’s very sad.


“What?! You want to stick me on some deserted island on a school that was created five hundred years ago! That’s insane!” I said and through my hands up.


“Well technically the school was created 285 years ago.” Rex said.


God, I feel so alone when he interrupts like that.





My parents gave me one week to decide whether I’m going to Dynamiserl Academy or not. It turns out also that Vive got a letter as well. We were both shocked on how of all people we were chosen to Dynamiserl Academy. Also, it seemed a bit odd that out of millions of students we would be going there together. Though one thing was correct, I was not going if Vive wasn’t.
Another thing was that the dream that I always seemed to have was coming back more than ever, I don’t think that the dream and the school are a coincidence. And going to Dynamiserl Academy is the only way to stop this dream.




“I’m going.” I tolled my parents in the end of the week in our usual family night dinner on Friday nights.
“Really? I thought you wouldn’t go.” My dad said.
“So did I.” I said truthfully. “But I thought that it might be good for me…”

My parents could not have been happier by my last sentence. Usually when they suggest for me to go away for camp or away from home for over a week I refuse. I have no strength for annoying girls in my age who come for arts and sports, which was why my parents were so surprised that I said yes to going away for a whole year.


“I don’t think you’ll last there very long.” said Rex.


“Gee thanks for the support.” I said sarcastically. I love my brothers but they are completely and utterly insane.


I read my parents letter, and what they have been tolled about the school. It turns out that there is a whole Island for this school on the boarders of Iceland. Actually come to think of it, I was sort of excited.


Being away from my family is not the part I’m going to like, not that it’s bad either. But having finally some kind of big change and getting away from home gave me some kind of nice feeling. Also I kept having those “dreams” and I was eager to get them off my head.


Vive and I were to be getting to the academy by plane to Iceland, and then from Iceland to the island there is a ship that the school is supplying. I must say I was impressed. There was though one down side to the way we were getting there, Vive had first class seats and I had second class which meant that for the whole flight we would not be sitting next to each other. Again, unfair times come with unfair consequences.


Packing was a little hard seeing as I was scared that I would need something, on the island and wouldn’t have it so I ended up having two suitcases (the big kind) and a trunk. We only had a week left until the big flight. From there we would be in a hotel in Iceland for another week and on September 6th we go on a boat. (Yes I was thrilled to hear that school started late there.)


All I had to do was wait until it was time to fly to Iceland
© Copyright 2006 Witty_Writer (UN: witty_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Witty_Writer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/401150