*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402060
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#402060 added January 25, 2006 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Observations and Explorations
I think it is a fair statement to say, "not everyone has had the opportunity to wait tables." On the other hand, it’s also fair to say that the majority of us dine out.

I waited tables for many, many years, on and off. I'll also admit that I like to dine out as frequently as possible.

The following link is to a story I think is well worth reading – it’s humorous, but there are lessons to be learned, too.

As you read the following true-life adventure, I want you to ask yourself a few questions:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/25/dining/25note.html?pagewanted=1&incamp=article...

Who in the story do you relate to the most, the waiters and waitresses, or the patrons?

What kind of restaurant patron are you?

Are you a "Camper", which is slang for restaurant patrons who linger forever at tables? Or are you a "Verbal tipper", which are people who offer extravagant praise in lieu of a 20 percent tip?

Are you someone that is interested in having the experience of being disappointed?

After you read the story, my hope is you will be kind enough to e-mail me your thoughts and comments about your dining experiences, either as a waiter, waitress, or patron. With your permission, I’ll add the best of your contributions to this entry.




© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402060