*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402888-To-Dream-of-Nothingness
by Trisha
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #890683
When humans kill a fairy, his wife seeks revenge against the species. Book 1 FINISHED!
#402888 added January 28, 2006 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
To Dream of Nothingness
So, this was how it would all end. Some being takes over the human world, and Kyrin, the great and powerful fairy, is left defeated. This was not how she envisioned her curse being fulfilled.

Kyrin smiled sadly. Indeed she had thought there would be happier days in store for some. The creatures would inherit the world again; free from the sorrows the humans cause them. She would then wander the worlds until her dying day. Now both the humans and the creatures would be wiped out. And she would remain.

She looked up. From her seat on the floor, she gazed at the wrecked room before her. After destroying the mirror, she’d gone mad. She went from room to room, smashing every mirror in the building. She got a fire poker and hacked tables, chairs, and every wooden thing to bits. She tore rugs apart with a knife, ripped paintings the creatures had given her, threw glass pitchers, cups, and plates against the walls. Anything that could be picked up was crushed, trashed, or melted. After going through every room, she returned to this one, where she’d started. She broke all the chairs and tables, smashed the windows out, threw all her written documents and records in the fire, and finally ripped the map of the human world to shreds.

Exhausted, she slid down against a wall. Her head in her hands, her mind went numb. She sat there and time slipped by. And for once, she did not care about cdthe time that was wasted. What could she do? She had no way of knowing where Lanquor or his minions were at the moment. She could make her way to where her army was, but she might come too late. She could try to send a spell to protect them, but she’d never tried that before. Messages could be sent over distances, yet spells could only do that in the magical realm. Since no one in her army possessed magical abilities she wouldn’t be able to locate them. She was very doubtful of finding physical beings in the realm even if they did possess magic.

If she went there and Lanquor found out, he’d torture everyone in the army. Death by magic was bad enough, but magical torture… Even she had never stooped to such evil deeds. He’d probably put out a detection spell all around to find out if she entered the area. At least if she stayed behind, they’d all die quick deaths. And her curse would be fulfilled in the end.

Yes, it was better for her to stay away. This way she could look after the Kandors that remained the mountains. Most had joined the army and left, but some remained. They were mainly the children, the elderly, and those who took care of them. She needed to create some kind of shield around the mountains to protect the goblins, trolls, dwarfs, mountain nymphs, and other fantastic races and creatures.

She lay down on the floor amid the glass shards and wood splinters. Her arm curled so her head could rest in its crook. And there she slept, with blood spattered on her hands and face, to dream of nothingness.
© Copyright 2006 Trisha (UN: sharnises at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Trisha has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402888-To-Dream-of-Nothingness